headlining material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan Le Moignan View Post
    The bt sun roof blind is a lot different to the st.
    was worrying about the colour match as don't think you could trim the blind very easily on a bt car
    I done my BT, I didn't have my blind done as it really didn't need it, once my lining was fitted it doesn't look odd, the only thing that was out a little bit out was the rubber trim that goes round the sunroof edge

Comment

Good news then!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Le Moignan View Post
        The bt sun roof blind is a lot different to the st.
        was worrying about the colour match as don't think you could trim the blind very easily on a bt car
        Sorry yes the blinds are different, the BT is louvered unlike the ST, cant see it being a problem to a trimmer though....??? Then again I'm no trimmer.....

Comment

Think iam going to try the alcantara route, and request a sample from here.
          will 4mm foam backed be ok? And anyone know what size you need?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332100783292

Comment

i have ask for some samples from Martrim.co.uk so will see what they come back like i think it comes with foam on the back too

Comment

Sounds good, foam backed seems best bet, was just wondering how thick, can't really think if there are any tight contours etc on the lining panel? So won't need to be too thin.
              will try and measure mine next week to see how much material is needed.

Comment

Right just had a go at doing headlining at well not as well as I would of liked, the main bit was ok on the flat bits but when I tired to do the concave bits where the rear grab handles are it just would not stop creasing is there some thing I should no

Comment

Thats why i paid a trimmer to do mine

Comment

Yeah think I'm going to now I just like to do stuff my self didn't think it would be that hard, lol

Comment

has anyone done the sunroof panel on small t? mine seems to have lost its sponginess and when you touch it , it takes ages to spring back to shape,the panel that is

Comment

Originally posted by The Radman View Post
                        has anyone done the sunroof panel on small t? mine seems to have lost its sponginess and when you touch it , it takes ages to spring back to shape,the panel that is
                        same here.. mine has lost its tightness on the sunroof.. I also need the whole liner doing..

fizz

Comment

mine has been hanging down since I bought the car 12 years ago. I was considering flocking it has any one done that ? isn't the sunroof panel flocked anyway

Comment

I also have a complete electric sunroof cassette to go in as well, so will probably do that at the same time change from manual to electric.

Comment

Originally posted by ossie cossie View Post
                              isn't the sunroof panel flocked anyway
                              no,not on the small t

Comment

Originally posted by The Radman View Post
                                Yes Nick have done mine, well I mean I removed it and the trimmer did it but easier enough to get out....

Comment

Working...
                                X