Boost small turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boost small turbo

What should it peak at and then back off too, I only can go off the standard gauge.

should overboost to 1.3 then drop back to 1 bar after 8 seconds. The standard gauge isn't the most accurate so if you think it's overboosting more or less then worth getting a decent gauge rigged up to test it properly.

Comment

Cheers, is the 1 bar on the gauge in the first segment were the first line is
      before the gauge goes into the dots if you understand.

Comment

yes I believe it is, you not got a chip or anything Rob?

Comment

no standard

Comment

hhmm does it go straight off the gauge, does it do it all the time?
            I had a similar intermittent problem when I first got mine. After many hours it was traced to an inlet manifold gasket not making a seal all of the time, wonder if you have a leak somewhere?

I've also wondered over this 8 second over boost, at what point do people get 1.3 bar and I seem to run out of revs before it drops back

Comment

If you're getting fluctuating readings on an ST then i'd check an air leak as Ben mentions above - I had a very intermittent fault on mine 2 years ago where it just didn't feel like it was boosting properly and only overboosting to just over 1bar. It was pressure tested and smoke tested as best we could with no leaks evident. I happened to have to take the throttle body off last year and half the gasket was missing - new gasket and now it's fine. Also they don't like non-standard dump valves if the original one isn't dealt with properly.

The boost behaviour on mine (which I believe is correct) is that it starts to pick up from 1,500 rpm, it then hits full boost by 2,200 ish rpm and boosts at full throttle to 1.3 on the standard gauge for 8 or so seconds - if the revs go much over 6,000 it starts to drop back. This only works on full throttle - If you're on the motorway at 70 which is about 2,800 rpm (i think) and floor it you should hit 1.3 in under a second and it should hold that for 8 seconds.

Mines been on a variety of rolling roads and it produces its measly 240bhp at 5,500 so no point in me revving the balls off it - Although low powered compared to most, I find the way it boosts makes it very flexible and drivable.

Comment

Had problems about 2 years ago with over boost, changed seals and the inlet manifold too had a faint leak on it. After that it was worse so I took the actuator rod off and it had about 1 cm pre load, it now has nearly a half hole preload on it but over boosted once the other day.
                I think I'm going to put it on a rolling road this year and get the boost sorted.

Comment

I can measure the rod on mine if you want when I next have it out of the garage, but it sounds like yours may need a set up to ensure that the boost and fueling is spot on.

Comment

Yes I'm going to do it this year fingers crossed.

Comment

where you taking it Rob?

Comment

Alive tuning got a very good reputation based in Louth
                        do land rovers range rovers and most everything else.

Comment

All booked in for a health check and rolling road session fingers crossed.

Comment

you or the car?

Comment

Originally posted by The Radman View Post
                              you or the car?
                              Piss off and switch your phone on, have called you twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X