Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just retire

Comment

Not good mate, I'm sure something else will come up, sometimes things happen for a reason and better options chomp for you.

Comment

What a pain mate, look on for bigger and better
        sigpic
        MAD tuned, DP engine, 530 bhp 480 lbft, autronics, anti lag, EFR 7670,

Comment

Hi Dave, sorry to hear that. 22 years that is long. I was parting with a job after 8 years and it was hard for me, so I think I understand you.
          It is important to think positive now. I know it sounds banal, but at the other hand I am sure that the right attitude will help you to face this and accept the new.
          Cookie Monster new era coming - fingers crossed mate.

Comment

Shitty news, but Your a legend mate, you'll fly into something else, or you could do restorations full time?

Comment

Ah that's shit news mate, been there a couple of times. Get your cv uploaded to cv library there's actually loads of jobs out there in our game. You'll be fine I'm sure
              sigpic

Comment

Never a good situation, but you will find something else. Good luck
                www.sapphirerscosworth.com

Comment

Sorry to hear this, Mate. I wish I knew what you do for a living so I could be more helpful, but absent that...I look forward to being a freelance consultant in the future because I'm good at telling other people what's wrong with them. Low overhead, and all you need is a good reputation and a list of contacts. I hope things work out for you.

Comment

Not good news Dave ,hope you get yourself sorted

Comment

Hope all works out alright, Dave. Every cloud and all.

Comment

Times are changing for many of us, the place I work for has had to restructure to adapt to a changing marketplace in the industry that I work in.

Are you being made redundant or are they paying you off as a settlement agreement? Although the place you work at has been taken over you still have the exact same rights as an employee as previous.

Hope all works out, you'll find something I'm sure.

Comment

Bad news that Dave, good luck for the future, sure you will be fine mate.

Comment

Shitty news for you Dave, but a man of your talents im sure you will have any amount of offers for your skills. 22 years is a long time and i can see how it would be daunting to go find something new.. Onwards and upwards tho matey

Comment

As all have said and not wanting to repeat it all just want to say I'm gutted for you. I spent all my young years from leaving School in 83 to retiring from the forces 22 years later and I fully understand the trepidation you will be feeling. My advise is to nurture you own hobby business. Perhaps do what it takes and grab the bull by the horn and go self employed. There are some good grants out there to get you started even if you have to restart you business under a new name and effectively start from scratch.
                              Theres good money in wedding hire btw, any red blooded groome would like to turn up to their wedding in a Cossie?? Might keep the wolves from the door for now??
                              Frank.

ps no matter what even if you sell the Cossie I think you should stay on as a MOD on here as you do work really hard for us and are a credit to the forum........i know enough arse likin for now.
                              sigpic

Sunnyside B&B and camper restorations
                              www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Sorry to hear that Dave.
                                Scary situation to be in, however it can also be a blessing to move you onto something much better. Onwards and upwards buddy.

Maybe start up 'Cookie Monster Motorsport' full time for Cossie, Focus RS, ST's, VXR, Golf R etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X