Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best/strongest wheel cleaner advice please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best/strongest wheel cleaner advice please.

Whats the best / strongest wheel cleaner available, as I'm finding it really hard to remove the backed on brown stuff. Tried a few but whats the concensus on here as it must be a common problem.
    sigpic

Sunnyside B&B and camper restorations
    www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Look for an iron dissolver. I use Griot's Garage Iron and Fallout Remover, but there are lots of options out there.
    r/
    Boyd

Comment

hydrochloric acid

Comment

Be careful with acid Frank, it could be to strong sometimes.
        I'd try "Iron X" by CarPro first - this works well and is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by VADreamer View Post
          Look for an iron dissolver. I use Griot's Garage Iron and Fallout Remover, but there are lots of options out there.
          r/
          Boyd
          Cheers guys, I've looked at both. Where do you both et your stock from. EBAY, Halfrauds amazon etc ?
          sigpic

www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Purple Rain from Autobrite Direct works well.

Comment

Remember it also depends on what "shit" you need to get of.
              www.sapphirerscosworth.com

Comment

Devils blood is a good product and PH balanced

Comment

Originally posted by twin turbo View Post
                  Remember it also depends on what "shit" you need to get of.
                  Its that fooking hard brown mottled stuff right in the tight creases of the rims and in between the thin blades of the type of rims I have.
                  sigpic

www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Something "gel" cleaner is Nice them maybe. We used to have a pink wurth gel back In the days, that was very good, but like all wurth, its good in the beginning, then after building the name, they "inprove formula" and its shit...

Allot of household cleaner is sometimes good.
                    ​​​​​​
                    www.sapphirerscosworth.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnysidebb View Post

Its that fooking hard brown mottled stuff right in the tight creases of the rims and in between the thin blades of the type of rims I have.
                      sounds like baked on brake dusk and disk residue - I've used both that Devils Blood and Purple Rain, they are neutral so won't harm the alloys and work well.

Comment

Thanks guys, I will do some googling. Yes its baked on dust residue. The problem is I don't drive either the bentley or the cossie half enough so when I do go out i try to clean the disks up with some very "spirited" braking from a decent speed ( 5th amendment dictates I don't say what speed. However I keep going untill the discs have cleaned themselves which is usually at the point you can smell them. Hence the wheels do get hot and the crap must bake itself on.
                        sigpic

www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

I do a fair bit of detailing and the key with wheels is prep! If your wheels are already in a state then any descent wheel cleaner will be a good start and then use a fallout remover (de-iron) and tar remover. A combination of these will clean any wheel. From there get a coat of wax on the wheels and it will be far easier to maintain. To do all of this it's a wheels off job but there after you just need a wash to maintain after each run for the rest of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Too Fast View Post
                            I do a fair bit of detailing and the key with wheels is prep! If your wheels are already in a state then any descent wheel cleaner will be a good start and then use a fallout remover (de-iron) and tar remover. A combination of these will clean any wheel. From there get a coat of wax on the wheels and it will be far easier to maintain. To do all of this it's a wheels off job but there after you just need a wash to maintain after each run for the rest of the year.
                            Excellent advice. That de-iron has been mentioned above so definitely going to get some of that. Is there a good make of tar remover on the market?#
                            I pay about £60 per wheel to have them powdercoated, I some times think its easier just to get them stripped and recoated ever year or two as I struggle to remove that brown hard mottled stuff that sticks like the proverbial shit to a blanket.
                            sigpic

www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Oxalic acid ...
                              I´ll mix my own with water , works every time

Comment

Working...
                              X