Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best/strongest wheel cleaner advice please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grit blasting
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Al View Post
      Oxalic acid ...
      I´ll mix my own with water , works every time
      Sounds like you put it on Warts
      sigpic

Sunnyside B&B and camper restorations
      www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by bestall View Post
        Grit blasting
        Uhmm.......
        sigpic

www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Personally I use Auto Finesse obliTARate. For use on powder coated wheels I'd be asking on detailingworld.co.uk. The guys on there are very helpful and will go into better detail on exactly what you want but I'm sure they will probably say similar to what I've already said but there is a specific wheel thread area on there where guys will be very specific on how to ensure you don't degrade the powde coating which isn't something I've had experience with. Oh and I use polished bliss to buy a lot of my stuff from. They are spot on with quick, free delivery. Well worth a look!

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnysidebb View Post

Excellent advice. That de-iron has been mentioned above so definitely going to get some of that. Is there a good make of tar remover on the market?#
            I pay about £60 per wheel to have them powdercoated, I some times think its easier just to get them stripped and recoated ever year or two as I struggle to remove that brown hard mottled stuff that sticks like the proverbial shit to a blanket.
            Auto smart tartis is the best tar remover on the market I think. Works really well.
            Thanks Mark.

NORRISMOTORSPORT 01773836274
            WWW.NI-FORDS.CO.UK

Comment

I've just payed for Nanolex wheel cleaner and iron remover . Seems to be impressive stuff watching the vids on line. Cant wait to see if it is as good as it looks. Thanks for the input everyone. Id never heard of iron remover before.
              sigpic

www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

If you have a white car and never used it before the results on your paint will be impressive!

Comment

Ive just received the Nanolex and tried it on one of my campers wheels which are dreadful......and to be honest it didn't really work that well. I had to brush the stuff in really hard and it still didn't remove the brown/mottled deposit. I will try it on the Cosworth some time this week but if I am honest I don't hold out much hope based on the experience so far.
                  The utube videos make it look so good and easy
                  sigpic

www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                  X