Saph dont start...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saph dont start...

Drove car and parked it. Now few months later it dont start, no power to fuel pump. Its voltage to relay but not out... tried to change relays, still no change, unsure whats wrong, and offcourse its parked in a stupid place
    www.sapphirerscosworth.com

Switch in the boot floor ok, if you feed a live to the pump will it not fire up?

Comment

Removed. No voltage out from relay on the black red wire to pump.

Comment

If you've changed the relay and there's still no output, assuming the new relay is ok then surely it's a wiring fault?
        XYZ Fabrications
        Bespoke, custom and low batch quantity cnc profiling, engraving and fabriactions, 07917757695

Comment

Yes wire or signal... is not easy to acsess anything inside car where its placed, so not easy to messure out whats wrong...

Comment

Or your immobiliser has fooked up, stuck in a loop killing the pump power/relay control. My immobiliser is a real cunt, if the battery goes flat I quite honestly dont know the sequence to reset the system. Ive got lucky when its happened but it took a while of fiddling with the remote and dongle in the right order to get the think to start.

If your handy with electrics , jump across the relay plug with the relay out and supply the pump directly see if the pump runs. Perhaps its seized. will also prove wiring as well.
            sigpic

Sunnyside B&B and camper restorations
            www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Is it imobiliser on L8? Not been problem before, car has main powerswitch that is turned of when parked. Not got this problem before... i will need to check out more, but when i mesduref on relay socket, i get main feed, but nothing comes out to black/red feed to pump.

Yes can jump pump, but would like to find out whats wrong,

Comment

Looked at it now again. I am missing earth for fuelpump relay... so is it ecu, or can it be something else?

​​​​​​But akso what is strange for me, is that i feel the "tick" in relay, but no power out...

Comment

You will be able to unplug the ecu and give pin 28 a ground. With the ign switched on this should drive the fuel pump as a test.
                  If this does result in the pump running its likely the ECU track has burnt inside the ecu. I can repair these in most cases if you wish to send the ECU to me.

If the pump does not run with this test, change the relay, check for battery power into the relay.
                  Regards James.

www.autodynamix.co.uk

www.shop.autodynamix.co.uk

Comment

Hi. Thanx will check more. But its a break in wire after relay too, since when jump connectors, pump still dont get power. So i need to start picking car apart to get to wires behind dash...

But what i find so strange is that relay is ticking like it should... have tried another relay too, and was same...

Comment

Now next question... when i now ripped my dash out in anger ... i found one more relay with black wire with red stripe on engineloom (L8) togheter with 1 more relay. So i have 4relays on loom, wich is fuel? I was sure it was the one beside ecu relay(bith with own fuse) but is the other also involved in fuelpump?

Comment

Found problem... multiplug... car is reshelled and wires moved abit, so one of multiplug was behind a cover under windshield, so didnt see it before i removed the cover... cleaned it, and now started..

Multplugs was my first tought, but i looked at the 3 other wich was clean, so didnt think about it may was another in enginebay.

Comment

Good news then!

Comment

Yes. Now i just need to clean up the mess i made taking out dash

Comment

Working...
                            X