pics [oh no ,not again!!!!!]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pics [oh no ,not again!!!!!]

the sites playing up again,i keep getting this when trying to load pics-- Your file of 6256121 bytes exceeds the limit of 500000.JPG
    ,im using the same size pics as ive always used,taken with the same camera ive always used yet it sometimes allows them and then doesnt,can we get to the bottom of this once and for all? or my resto threads going to be pretty crap and you will just have to use your imagination

this is really weird, ive just tried again, i took 6 pics tonight ,uploaded them all to the pc at the same time and tried uploading them on to the site, some will upload and they are fine,but the 2 i wanted still wont and i get the file too big error?? how can that possibly be when they are all the same size?

Ive found ive to chop the pic a little, and I seem to be getting thumbnail sizes once uploaded

Comment

I use photobucket or tinypic,
      www.sapphirerscosworth.com

Comment

I've had a good look at the settings this morning and like Ben I can't see anything wrong.

I find the upload into forums a bit hit and miss in general, that's why the advice has always been to use a hosting service for the images and then stream them through. This also has the added benefit of being able to categorise images into folders within a hosting site. On here once uploaded they just live in the post, you cant search them or relink them to other sites which you can do with a dedicated image host.

Usual suspects for image hosting are:

photobucket (although that is overloaded with adverts a bit now)
        image shack
        tinypic
        lifewire

We'll raise a support ticket with the forum provider, but as it's a sporadic issue only affecting certain user it may be hard for them to pinpoint.

Comment

I always use tinypic and never have had any problem

Comment

I bet this wouldn't happen in the rsoc site..there again no fucker would see ya post or care for that matter

Comment

thats very true,its dead as a dodo over there,you certianly dont need to bump your posts to the top as they never move

Comment

That's me out with the pictures also!
                used to just upload them in medium size now they just come out pixelated.
                wont allow me to link them from photobucket either

Comment

yep its a shame its never been cured,very hit and miss

Comment

I uploaded fine last night to my resto thread, Nick's original problem was the size of the photo, photo quality is just too good these days and I can't see it going back the other way to help us upload them on here

Comment

ok ive had enough of photobucket as its a total pain nowadays so ive just uploaded all my pics and albums to google pics,the problem is there doesnt seem to be any way of posting them on here without creating an album to share which is no use when i want to be posting individual pics in my resto thread,is it possible to just copy a link for a pic like i used to do on photobucket? why the hells everything so un- user friendly with these things

Comment

I abandoned photobucket last week mate. I'm using Imgur now as it's easy to use. Though make sure you upload them private. It's decent to use.
                        sigpic

Comment

ill go have a look cheers

Comment

hmmm, just had a look and it says you can only upload 50 pics an hour,ive got around 2500 so dont think that ones any good as itll take forever,i need something with an app as well so i can access the pics on my phone too,what other ones are there?

Comment

TESTING http://

Comment

Working...
                              X