Remove oe modine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove oe modine

What is best to do with hose when removed the oe water cooling modine ? Is it possible to get a of shelf hose that fits? Or is it cut and connect togheter the two in the rear of head?

​​​​and how much does a mocal 19row 115mm cooler handle? It looks kind of small in my eyes..
    www.sapphirerscosworth.com

Roose Motorsport do silicone replacement hose for when the modine is removed.

Comment

Great thanx

https://roosemotorsport.co.uk/roose-...pass-hose.html

Comment

is it 2 or 4x4?
        XYZ Fabrications
        Bespoke, custom and low batch quantity cnc profiling, engraving and fabriactions, 07917757695

Comment

Why do you ask dave? Same on both, this engine now, is going 2wd

Comment

I was wondering what you'd do with regards to the mounting of the remote oil filter if it was 4x4
            XYZ Fabrications
            Bespoke, custom and low batch quantity cnc profiling, engraving and fabriactions, 07917757695

Comment

I read somewhere The standard modine is equivalent to a 16 row oil cooler aparrently, so is it really worth the cost for not much benefit?
              sigpic

Comment

Okay then i understand. I guess the oe oil filter arm can be put over tskeoff since oe modine is "same" thickness, i can try to put on the arm to see how it turns out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave H View Post
                  I read somewhere The standard modine is equivalent to a 16 row oil cooler aparrently, so is it really worth the cost for not much benefit?
                  Correct mate
                  sigpic

Built by my self dp motorsport 700.6bhp 520ftlb efr9180 2.4bar m.a.d mapped flat out is the only way

Comment

I need bigger cooler, i had this foolowing the kit when bought it. I just thinking how much it handles, maybe use it on gearbox or diff

Comment

"I read somewhere The standard modine is equivalent to a 16 row oil cooler aparrently, so is it really worth the cost for not much benefit? " Lets just clarify the above statement..... does the modine expel the same quantity of heat as a 16 row cooler?? as many would read this as. It doesn't. Maybe it can transfer that quantity of heat into the water system, which your water Radiator has to expel, in addition to the heat already in the water jacket. So surely a 16 row oil cooler ADDs to the cooling capacity of the standard setup which is the radiator. Therefore easing the burden on the water radiator. Whether it is necessary is another question..

Comment

Yes this is tru. I need it since my Block have halfway up waterholes around cylinders filled with "concrete" so need much more oilcooling

Comment

Originally posted by twin turbo View Post
                          Yes this is tru. I need it since my Block have halfway up waterholes around cylinders filled with "concrete" so need much more oilcooling
                          Why have you done this lol
                          sigpic

Built by my self dp motorsport 700.6bhp 520ftlb efr9180 2.4bar m.a.d mapped flat out is the only way

Comment

"Support" bottom end

Comment

All this talk of how good the original modine is etc is always confusing...

Quite simply.. what oil cooler should one run now for extra efficiency? Hybrid of the both?

Fizz

Comment

Working...
                              X