Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear wheel bearings

Guys,

Ive fitted the Anembo billet rear hubs to my car complete with supplied bearings, on fitting my wheels are quite tight to rotate (no brakes pads fitted) will these be ok and loosen off with a few miles or will this be a concern?

How tight is tight Robert?

Normally they're quite difficult to turn anyway
    XYZ Fabrications
    Bespoke, custom and low batch quantity cnc profiling, engraving and fabriactions, 07917757695

Comment

Depends on what you meen tight. If -bearings Are tight they will become hot and "burn" out
      www.sapphirerscosworth.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
        How tight is tight Robert?

Normally they're quite difficult to turn anyway
        if you can imagine car on ramp and rear wheel head height, grabbing both sides of the tyre it takes a moderate force to turn it, bearing in mind there are no rear shafts fitted also, I would have thought it should have spun freely

Comment

Yeah I would say they should spin freely, If the shaft are fitted then it does take some turning as obviously you're turning the diff too but without shaft it should spin with one hand really

XYZ Fabrications
          Bespoke, custom and low batch quantity cnc profiling, engraving and fabriactions, 07917757695

Comment

Then its far to tight Yes... no point in fitting more...
            www.sapphirerscosworth.com

Comment

Is there not a pre-load spec for the wheel bearings?

Comment

Interesting.. I have the same hubs but yet to fit.. let me know Rob how you get on...

Fizz

Comment

Originally posted by VADreamer View Post
                  Ive no idea as it was my pal who fitted them, what do you mean by pre load?

Comment

Originally posted by Fizziani View Post
                    Interesting.. I have the same hubs but yet to fit.. let me know Rob how you get on...

Fizz
                    Fizz,

Once home from work i'll have a look at them myself, if they do seem tight I spoke to Anembo and Greig said send them back no problem and he can have a look at them, will keep you in the loop

Comment

Originally posted by VADreamer View Post
                      No they're not a taper seat so it's just FT
                      XYZ Fabrications

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post

No they're not a taper seat so it's just FT
                        Are Anembo bearings parallel roller then Dave. Standard cosworth rears are Taper iirc. ?
                        sigpic

Sunnyside B&B and camper restorations
                        www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnysidebb View Post

Are Anembo bearings parallel roller then Dave. Standard cosworth rears are Taper iirc. ?
                          The Anembo hubs and bearings are same as oe cosworth bar the hub being made out of Billet alloy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnysidebb View Post

Sorry It should have said single taper bearing, like the old school single taper which had to be torqued to 20lb and backed off, these are twin taper which you just tighten FT
                            XYZ Fabrications

Comment

Any progress Robert?
                              XYZ Fabrications

Comment

Working...
                              X