Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave View Post
    Any progress Robert?
    Dave still away working from home mate, so wont be for a couple of weeks yet, I still cant understand why they are so tight

Comment

If hubcarriers Are machined allitle wrong it can squese the bearings. Have heard before that its problem with bearings fail, and spin on hub so ruin that to..
      www.sapphirerscosworth.com

Comment

Originally posted by twin turbo View Post
        If hubcarriers Are machined allitle wrong it can squese the bearings. Have heard before that its problem with bearings fail, and spin on hub so ruin that to..
        Yes that's my concern that they are out of tolerance, bearings were fitted by Anembo too so once home i'll remove hub and get a better look at them

Comment

Just bought a set of these last night, hopefully wont have any issues!
          sigpic

Comment

I had the same issue with a set in the mondeo and had to remove them and the std ones sorted the problem.
            Thanks Mark.

NORRISMOTORSPORT 01773836274
            WWW.NI-FORDS.CO.UK

Comment

Originally posted by Mark King View Post
              I had the same issue with a set in the mondeo and had to remove them and the std ones sorted the problem.
              Did you send them back Mark, I think this is the issue with mine personally as I cant see what else can make them so tight, bloody inconvenience though if they have got to go back

Comment

what bearings are they fitting to them then? surely they would fit correct stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by The Radman View Post
                  what bearings are they fitting to them then? surely they would fit correct stuff?
                  I cant make out a manufacturer name on there wheel bearing advert via site, I recon the hubs are slightly machined out of tolerance with the bearing being pressed in very tight once the stub has been put in its made it even tighter, I wonder if the anodising has caused issues

Comment

Originally posted by c20tbo View Post

I cant make out a manufacturer name on there wheel bearing advert via site, I recon the hubs are slightly machined out of tolerance with the bearing being pressed in very tight once the stub has been put in its made it even tighter, I wonder if the anodising has caused issues

You get to the bottom of this yet rob?
                    sigpic

Comment

It won't be the anodising that's causing the issue Rob
                      XYZ Fabrications
                      Bespoke, custom and low batch quantity cnc profiling, engraving and fabriactions, 07917757695

Comment

I was gonna remove the hubs but after checking them again (car only been rolled around a few times) they seem to have free'd of somewhat, one is looser that other but nothing like before, backed off nut and torqued properly.

Comment

Spoke with Greg about this today he said he's checked all the hubs he sent out and has them turned by John who is o c d with theses and the only time he has a a problem is with kit cars , and he sorted it , if you have a problem he said just send them back or he will refund you , there is a difference between the stanard ford ones he told me ?

Comment

Originally posted by xpackboy View Post
                            Spoke with Greg about this today he said he's checked all the hubs he sent out and has them turned by John who is o c d with theses and the only time he has a a problem is with kit cars , and he sorted it , if you have a problem he said just send them back or he will refund you , there is a difference between the stanard ford ones he told me ?
                            Yes i spoke to Greig and he did say send them to him, but after checking them again after car has rolled around a bit they arent half as bad so they may just have need a bit bedding in.

Comment

Glad it sorted

Comment

Working...
                              X