photobucket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• photobucket

just got the dreaded email from them stopping the 3rd party hosting so all my pics posted/linked from there have now disappeared unless i pay the £310 a year ransom ,sorry i mean upgrade package,robbing sods. fair enough they need to make some cash for it all but whoever came up with a yearly figure of that amount is having a joke,its going to ruin loads of threads on all the forums everywhere as no ones going to copy and paste them all and start again etc,ive noticed loads of folks siggys have gone too

Yep so annoying, ruined loads of threads

Comment

Most forums will be unusable with the amount of broken images now... it's just another nail in the coffin to help the fb movement

However wouldn't be a surprise if vbulletin and the rest have a facility to delete existing posts portions with image embedding tags to Photobucket soon as it's going to be massive issues

fizz

Comment

Yea its a total ballache, amount of threads i've been searching trying to find pics of this and that to help with build and they are all gone, a fee for a service is fair enough but £310! Mental
        sigpic

Comment

from Wikipedia:

On June 28, 2017, Photobucket changed its Terms of Use regarding free accounts and third party hosting (hosting on forums, eBay, etc). Only the most expensive plan, at $399.99 per year, now permits third party hosting and linking to forums, etc. Which effectively alienating a very large percentage of their users, whom only used Photobucket for third-party image hosting. Photobucket made this change with no input or consultation with their current users, or the public. Adding this to photobuckets use of excessive pop-up ads, scams, clickbait advertisements, and in some cases viruses embedded in ads, the number of active account quickly decreased. [11]

This new business model has caused thousands of forum DIY's and write-ups with explanatory pictures to be rendered useless. About 500 words into the linked document was a declaration that free accounts would no longer permit image-linking to third-party sites. Ebay and Etsy have also been affected, in addition to many forums and blogs. Thousands of images promoting goods sold on Amazon and other shopping sites have been removed after the photo-sharing service changed its terms. Twitter partnership

Twitter announced in June 2011 that Photobucket will become the default photo sharing platform for Twitter.[12] According to a report by Sysomos, 2.25M images are shared on Twitter daily, which accounts for 1.25% of all Tweets posted.[13] Just before the announcement, TwitPic and Yfrog were the leading photo-sharing services.[citation needed]

Comment

IT HAD GONE CRAP ANYWAY WITH ALL THe ads,it never worked properly for me for prob the last 6 months or so and this has finished it off totally

Comment

Yep, they've proper killed it. Their management have presumed that their product is so ace that users will just subscribe when they are "forced" to, that isn't how it works though. Very proorly analysed decision

Comment

Yep all mine gone as well.I used them on both my business websites and they're all gone. Had some great pictures of Camper restorations too. its also te way they did it, no warning. So they can go and swivel. I'll get by with out them
                sigpic

Sunnyside B&B and camper restorations
                www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Best option is to use the forums own image upload option.
                  Cheers
                  John

EsCos - Turning dinosaurs into smiles.

Comment

You can still log in an export your images Frank, they have just suspended third party hosting so they can't be viewed on there.

I work in media, and trust me they've signed their own death warrant there. It may be that they reverse the decision once their user base drops off the cliff.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon T View Post
                      You can still log in an export your images Frank, they have just suspended third party hosting so they can't be viewed on there.

I work in media, and trust me they've signed their own death warrant there. It may be that they reverse the decision once their user base drops off the cliff.
                      Agreed big mistake by them imo too .Luckily I uploaded to photobuket just to host the pictures on website. I still have all the originals.
                      sigpic

Sunnyside B&B and camper restorations
                      www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Speaking of images on here, what really drives me nuts is hovering over an image and it says click on it for a larger version - but when you click on it, the result is the same size!
                        Jim

Comment

yep thats true jim

Comment

My images on the site server now seem to upload in very poor quality still seems hit and miss

Comment

Originally posted by biz View Post
                              Speaking of images on here, what really drives me nuts is hovering over an image and it says click on it for a larger version - but when you click on it, the result is the same size!
                              we only enlarge when the original is over size. If someone uploads a 640px wide image then it is the same when it is clicked on. If someone uploads a 2,400px wide image then we show a small one in the topic and a larger one displays when clicked on. This isn't down to us, it's down to the size of the image uploaded.

Comment

Working...
                              X