Gold paint for engine parts..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold paint for engine parts..

what type of gold paint do ppl use for the oe look when refurbing bits on the engine? Like the actuator etc. I know in the older days it used to be cadmium plating but wondered if there was a paint that gives a similar effect.
    sigpic

Thanks, Jamie

never found any paint thats a good match,but the orig actuators are black anyway,other parts can be zinc plated if needed

Comment

Eastwood Co.

Don't know if you have a similar supplier over there, but the Eastwood Company has sold these kind of "resto" paints to replicate all kinds of OEM finishes and platings.

http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-golden-cad-system.html

cheeRS,
      Boyd

Comment

we have frost restorations over here who do silver cad and passivate colour paints etc but none of the ones ive tried look correct for oe finishes,they did do a good alumablast for aluminium which was spot on but they then altered it and now its totally crap

Comment

You can get some model acrylic spray paint, I cant recall what the name is though, my paints are all boxed up at the minute so I cant check. But copper, gold, brass, also for the HT bolts two spot on blues.

Its handy for the parts that cant be removed for plating, or just need a touch up, I found the brass colour is actually not too far off, you can add a dusting of gold over it to make it look a bit more rainbow.

Comment

Working...
          X