Car parts express & GGR extended shafts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car parts express & GGR extended shafts

I pulled a shaft on the fiesta today during mapping, luckily at very low speed so no damage but I need to buy extended shafts

GGR does new extended complete ready to fit shafts for £390 a pair outright

Car Parts Express do new extended complete ready to fit shafts for £320 outright

Does anybody know the difference? Are car CPE ones refurbished joints maybe compared to GGR brand new?

Thanks
    Marc

Consider these aswell, bomb proof

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SIERRA-ESC...item20b9434c56

Comment

they are all normal Sierra/scorpio 4x4 axels...
      www.sapphirerscosworth.com

Comment

When are longer shafts needed say for an Escos? or are they needed

Comment

Originally posted by c20tbo View Post
          When are longer shafts needed say for an Escos? or are they needed
          supposed to be when you have lowered the car Rob.

Dave.

Comment

Yeah, better engagement on lowered cars apparently

Can't comment on CPE or GGR ones as don't have them but the Automotive ones have a beefed up joint so more reliable if you're running high power/torque....... i put my Automotive ones on shortly after getting the car so done about 40,000 miles on them with no issues atall. Warren Kelly had them on his Time Attack car too and had no issues as far as i'm aware

Comment

Auto unlimited & ggr shafts look to ne made by one & the same company.
              Cheers
              John

EsCos - Turning dinosaurs into smiles.

Comment

Originally posted by jsa View Post
                Auto unlimited & ggr shafts look to ne made by one & the same company.
                Who makes the GGR ones ?

Comment

AU came in shaftec boxes, GGR ones came loose. Could only tell them apart by the laser etched part number on the shaft.
                  Cheers
                  John

Comment

Maybe the same then.....but only if GGR have uprated joint

Comment

Originally posted by Davecos 4x4 View Post
                      supposed to be when you have lowered the car Rob.
                      Dave, yeah I presumed that but with my car running 18's and not sitting too low (coilovers) it surely cant be that much lower than running stock wheels and suspension, any one actually measured there chassis height from standard to say after market shocks and 18's are fitted

I can see why Marc needs them for his fez but if my car (escos) actually aint that much lower than stock with the longer shafts give it the reverse effect?

Rob

Comment

It's not the chassis height from the ground that matters. It's the distance between the hub and in inner cv that is changed by spring heights.
                        Cheers
                        John

Comment

I'll prob get a set whilst my car is in bits, so which are best GGR or Autounlimited? do the GGR ones have uprated inner joint

Comment

I negotiated the purchse of my escos thinking that it needed a right side outer cv replacement.

It turned out the clearences in the diff were the real problem, allowing the inner cv to rotate on a random path as it sore fit.

As a result of the challenges of being on the other side of the world, a set of shafts arrived from auto unlimited before ggr. The a/u ones went in and the ggr ones are spares.

As I said before, they appear to be the same except for a number on the shaft. Ggr and autounlimited claim slightly different lengths over oem length.

Probably best to contact both and get the word direct.
                            Cheers
                            John

Comment

Working...
                            X