No announcement yet.

Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I struggled abit at first but use the 'today's posts' section now much like I used to on the old site and that seems to work fine for me.
    one thing that won't help is people not using the site, got to give it a chance and use it to find out what works and what doesn't then iron out the issues as the guys have been doing in their own free time (Cheers Ben and co!).
    on the photo bucket front are you just trying to copy and paste? As that worked fine for me.

Comment

Originally posted by cutch View Post
      i'm sorry, thanks to all the boys who have been trying to make the site better but this is terrible. I can't even get photo bucket pics to link properly now. its terrible to use on the phone, I'm getting messages from other peoples inbox???

Is it possible to put it back to the way it was?? I have talked to a couple of other people that use the site, sorry used to use the site and they say they haven't even bothered to come back on now because they can't navigate it and there is so many problems.

Would it be possible to go back to the old site or even have a poll to ask other members?

I appreciate the effort but it isn't working...and this was one of the better sites now.

give it a chance m8 Rome wasnt build in a day and the site will get better with time and all the effort the guys have put in to get it here, Will make it a great site again as it the guys here and us that make the site what it is plus it was well over due for a update

Comment

I know guys, I have been using it but I'm not feeling it. Not knocking what Ben etc are trying to do at all. Actually really appreciate it but I preferred the old site, just thought I should bring to their attention before other users don't come back.

On the photobucket thing, yes I have been just doing the same as usual, click the link and it says copied but the symbols at the beginning and end of the text that you copy are not coming over and are getting scrambled with other weird text. The bit in the middle of the [IMG] blah blah blah [/IMG][/URL] is the same....
        My Series 1 4x4 cosworth build

My 2wd WRC escos track car build

I get all my bits from www.mattlewismotorsport.co.uk/

Comment

I do agree it's not as good as it was, however whilst it's possible to go back to the old version, it really isn't in the best of interests of everyone as I couldn't guarantee the safety of the data and vbulletin no longer support that version and no longer release security patches.

I've had trouble and still am doing certain things, but I really need everyone to let me know when they come across issues. I do need information such as what you were doing, trying to do, what browser and operating system being used

Simon will be working on the colours shortly so hopefully that will improve the look and feel more, I'm hoping the speed has improved, The other thing that would help is having more feedback on the issues and what changes need to be made to make things easier. Most things can be customised (might take me a while to learn how), another option could be to pay someone to make the changes for us. I'll sort out an icon and get the mobile apps up and running asap

Comment

Site still really slow for me Ben, also when clicking new topics if you view one at times click back it basically comes up with errors or freezes and you click new topics again to try and get at it that way,, and it's wiped all the new topics... With the site being so slow trying to navigate to find them then I lose the will to live.... Also on the right when you click the arrow 'to the last post' it comes up with errors....

So I feel personally with slow speeds, lack of colour, errors it's proving hard work still... I think it'll be just as good as the old eventually but right now it's floored not necessarily your fault...

Comment

That's what you get when clicking arrow

Comment

Originally posted by Adamski View Post
                Site still really slow for me Ben, also when clicking new topics if you view one at times click back it basically comes up with errors or freezes and you click new topics again to try and get at it that way,, and it's wiped all the new topics... With the site being so slow trying to navigate to find them then I lose the will to live.... Also on the right when you click the arrow 'to the last post' it comes up with errors....

So I feel personally with slow speeds, lack of colour, errors it's proving hard work still... I think it'll be just as good as the old eventually but right now it's floored not necessarily your fault...
                adam is that on your phone or pc

Comment

thanks Adam as Georgie mentioned, what browser, phone etc...?

I can see some php errors in the log file trying to access a file that doesn't exist but I can't see how the directory can be called. Although my only thought is an old link or cached URL, but that doesn't explain the actions you take to get to it, annoying thing is I can't tie it back to a user just certain times.

Comment

That's on my phone I rarely get my laptop out these days too busy.... So chrome on my phone Ben.... As said just really slow generally and get that error... Took me 5 minutes to access a pm earlier too just wouldn't load, navigating through sections too I can wait for minutes rather than seconds.

Comment

Adam, I've changed your user group to a new one based on the old one. Has that made any difference?

Comment

I have a 2min screen video of me using the site if that helps... Just done it.... It's horrific if I'm honest.... When you click subjects it just freezes loading for minutes, I cancel and reload, try a different subject does the same... Try to go to pm takes me to a new blank screen and just freezes loading for ages.... Maybe help you see how bad it is for people dunno how I can send it you tho?

Comment

I've sent you pm with a link to a video...

Comment

thanks Adam, I'm going to change your user group again in a mo, so let me know if that improves anything and I've contacted vbulletin again thanks

Comment

Im probably being very thick but ive been all over the My profile and settings pages and cannot find how to amend or remove my signature.

Comment

Go to My Profile, then Edit Settings, Account, scroll down to "Conversation Detail Options". There is a link called "Edit Post Signature".

Comment

Working...
                                X