How rare are the motorsport versions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How rare are the motorsport versions

Just bought a motorsport version escos (factory motorsport and not a 909 built up motorsport) and was wondering if anyone knew how many were sold. These are the white only stripped out versions without the following as standard (no sunroof - no radio - no fogs - no electric windows - no central locking - no padded arm rest - no air con - no electric mirrors - no boot release - black door mirrors - no headlight wash - no rear head rests and a few other little bits missing. As ford says in their brouchure it was designed from the start as a fully competitive rally car and i love the fact its light weight with less things to go wrong and with the car being just a toy and not a daily driver i won't miss any of the above.

A few pics. Its just done 14k miles Will put better pics up when i get the car in a few weeks.

Ford official pic

Last edited by D J; 20-09-2012, 20:05:18.

Very rare in standard condition, get someone to check the build and find out if it had the fog option, if not put the grills back in

Comment

Originally posted by Rippers View Post
      Very rare in standard condition, get someone to check the build and find out if it had the fog option, if not put the grills back in
      Will check it out and look through the paper work as it has recaros fitted too instead of the standard seats.

Comment

The CSL of Cossie's

Comment

Originally posted by Rippers View Post
          The CSL of Cossie's
          I think people are put off with the lack of toys but to me thats the appeal of it. Less is more. A shame they didn't number the motorsport ones though.

Comment

Lovely car DJ

There was a post here about that car not so long back.

Do you plan on using it LOL

Comment

I bet COZZFATHER would know the answer to your question - he seems to know his onions with the rare and oddball sort of things

Comment

Originally posted by cosmo View Post
                Lovely car DJ

There was a post here about that car not so long back.

Do you plan on using it LOL
                Not used my last 3 so i doubt that will change LOL. I say it everytime but i do intend to keep this one and use it when possible but the first job will be a bit of tlc to get it how i want it

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post

I bet COZZFATHER would know the answer to your question - he seems to know his onions with the rare and oddball sort of things
                  Hope he does but i wondered if there are any official numbers for the motorsport, standard and lux models

Comment

Stunning car mate nice find

Comment

Looks like you've got yourself something very nice there............. especially if it was on budget

But if you don't use it that will be a fucking travesty

Comment

Look's class lad.

Comment

that car is amazing i valued it at santa pod last yr it has all matching numbers and when i spoke to ford it was exactly the way it left the factory well done

love it just needs a proper mint up and a few bits re zincing etc

Comment

Originally posted by Carlo View Post
                            Stunning car mate nice find
                            Cheers

Originally posted by spiritof'76 View Post
                            Looks like you've got yourself something very nice there............. especially if it was on budget

But if you don't use it that will be a fucking travesty
                            Cheers mate but i did have to up my budget for it but nothing near the price it was up for last year. After a sh!te start to the year for a few different reasons i though b*ll*cks to it and rearanged my finances a bit to buy it. You only get one shot at life and yes i will use it. Its turned out nice in the end even having to sell my mint ST because i have always wanted a big t and this is just a bit different and rare. Just wish i could take it to the big escos meet.

Originally posted by tommi View Post
                            Look's class lad.
                            Cheers father

Originally posted by cossiecrazy View Post
                            that car is amazing i valued it at santa pod last yr it has all matching numbers and when i spoke to ford it was exactly the way it left the factory well done

love it just needs a proper mint up and a few bits re zincing etc
                            Cheers mark. Yes it just wants a bit of tlc to get it perfect which i will be on to this year. Do you know how many factory motorsports were sold or can your ford man find out.

Comment

lovely car DJ well done but you just sold one as nice if not nicer... and in the same price range

Comment

Working...
                              X