Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power steering - EPS

Guys,

Anyone ran this setup, basically im looking into converting my Escos column to EPS (Corsa C) ive never been a fan of the cosworth setup with hoses/fluid/heavy pump in the bay, my only concern is i still have to run the normal 4x4 power rack (not a non power option available) but will need to blank off the original port's, would this cause any problems doing this with the rack?

I dont think it will myself but its always good for other peoples feed back

Thanks Robert

You can't run the cossie 4x4 rack without hydraulic power steering, and you definitely cant blank off both ports as it will pop the seals when you turn

Comment

Rob, Ive always hated the feel of the corsa eps.... That would be my only concern..

Fizz

Comment

cant you use a a class merc electric power steering pump on the escos rack .jay on pf fitted one to his saff i afaik

Comment

Is there any Ford non power rack that will fit a 4x4 cross-member and be a direct swap?

Comment

Originally posted by Fizziani View Post
            Rob, Ive always hated the feel of the corsa eps.... That would be my only concern..

Fizz
            Fizz, you can adjust the feel of the steering with a controller

Comment

Originally posted by M K View Post
              You can't run the cossie 4x4 rack without hydraulic power steering, and you definitely cant blank off both ports as it will pop the seals when you turn
              Marc, not what i wanted to hear have you tried this?

Comment

would keep hydralic PS... you dont save much weight when everything is finisghed... and if want to get away the oe pump, a elpump like selholm or similar would be better.

only colum, you put allot o extra force on pinion and axel in on the rack.
                www.sapphirerscosworth.com

Comment

Originally posted by twin turbo View Post
                  would keep hydralic PS... you dont save much weight when everything is finisghed... and if want to get away the oe pump, a elpump like selholm or similar would be better.

only colum, you put allot o extra force on pinion and axel in on the rack.

I'm trying to look into this also where do you find the above said pumps to buy or look at have you tried these

Comment

I run a similar set up on my clio track car , I have made up a loop pipe for the original ps rack. It was my first time out on track at the weekend and found the adjustability quite good and as the track dried up i backed off the assistance.
                    sigpic

Comment

sellholm http://www.sellholm.se/ is used allot in motorsport. havent used one, but going to try one on my grpa car, insted of trying to find a ZF pump.

its not listed on the website, but they have more then there..
                      www.sapphirerscosworth.com

Comment

Originally posted by M K View Post
                        hi marc
                        why cant you run it without it ,and just loop in and out
                        mark
                        Last edited by MK Motorsport; 13-02-2015, 06:19:46.

Comment

Its not a weight saving that I'm interested in, i just don't like the hoses ect in the bay and i like the corsa eps setup, so if i can just loop the rack ports then so be it, ive purchased a second column so it would be easy reverted back if need be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by c20tbo View Post
                            Its not a weight saving that I'm interested in, i just don't like the hoses ect in the bay and i like the corsa eps setup, so if i can just loop the rack ports then so be it, ive purchased a second column so it would be easy reverted back if need be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Hi
                            Robert i have googled this and from one of my own cars , if you just remove valve and grease like a manual rack its fine ,

Comment

Originally posted by MK Motorsport View Post
                              Hi
                              Robert i have googled this and from one of my own cars , if you just remove valve and grease like a manual rack its fine ,
                              Cool Mark,

Comment

Working...
                              X