86300 .. is it sound and secure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 86300 .. is it sound and secure?

I use the 86300 text HPi service when i but cars etc and its always been good to me as within 30 secs a reply and advise etc.

but was wondering if its failsafe as would a proper detailed HPi check for the £30/40 odd pounds be better?

Does anyone know of the 86300 service being wrong? ive texted my reg of the cossie and its all come up clean etc ... it just seems to good to be true for the £3 whereas the real proper check i also done on my cossie cost me in all just under £30

Never heard of it!

Does it offer a fully backed guarantee like HPI ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sensei View Post
      I use the 86300 text HPi service when i but cars etc and its always been good to me as within 30 secs a reply and advise etc.

but was wondering if its failsafe as would a proper detailed HPi check for the £30/40 odd pounds be better?

Does anyone know of the 86300 service being wrong? ive texted my reg of the cossie and its all come up clean etc ... it just seems to good to be true for the £3 whereas the real proper check i also done on my cossie cost me in all just under £30
      Aren't you in the motor trade?

Why would you want to take a chance on something like that?
      sigpic

Comment

it doesnt tell you wether the car has outstading finance which is a big must when buying a car...as for them being wrong yes as they say my car doesnt exist

Comment

personally i woudn't trust it, "ya get what ya pay for" if your looking at spending thousands its got to be worth another £30-£40 for a full bells and whistles check with a proper print out to go with the paperwork
          sigpic

Comment

just tried my car- N666 RSC, it seems accurate enough, no colour changes, no stolen record, not scrapped and 9 owners. but thats it, like hivesy says, you get what you pay for but at least its quick and simple!
            one for the road?? ......
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sixaxles View Post
              just tried my car- N666 RSC, it seems accurate enough, no colour changes, no stolen record, not scrapped and 9 owners. but thats it, like hivesy says, you get what you pay for but at least its quick and simple!
              oh hang on now its telling me my car is accident damaged cat c- loss date 25/05/1998, this has not come up on any of the hpi checks that i've got in the cars history file wtf??? car didnt have this reg then, would that make a difference??
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sixaxles View Post
                oh hang on now its telling me my car is accident damaged cat c- loss date 25/05/1998, this has not come up on any of the hpi checks that i've got in the cars history file wtf??? car didnt have this reg then, would that make a difference??
                i now have a hpi check done in 2000 in my hand when the cars reg was N908 SDN, and it shows up nothing about any accident damage or anything of the sort- and come to think of it the first thing i did when i got it was booked it in with the local garage to have a major inspection, the garage owner is very familiar with this type of car as he had two one of which was a jewel violet monte, he told me the car was fine and had all original panels etc etc blah blah. i borrowed money to buy my cossy and the finance firm took care of the hpi check at the time, but there was nothing to worry about as i recall - i'd certainly remember being told it had been written off
                sigpic

Comment

so the lesson to be learnt here, is dont trust a £3 text service

Comment

Originally posted by Franco View Post
                    Aren't you in the motor trade?

Why would you want to take a chance on something like that?
                    Sure am mate ....... its just when you buy car for around £1500 its just a quick way of getting some HPi details to obviously give to the customer

Also when at auctions i might see 10 cars i like so 86300 all of them is say £30 where as a tele call to the HPi register would be 10 x £26 etc if you did them all.

most auctions give you a money back on HPi cars if found over a certian value but the text service is very quick etc.

my own cossie was hpi text and DVLA etc as all of them should, the classic advice is always if in doubt walk away. as ive seen some beautiful cars at auction which have had a narsty sting in the tail afterwards

Comment

Do you have a web page for your company, showing whats in stock/for sale.

Kim's after a new car already and pestering me to go and look at things with her, so im just being curious as to what cars are out there i can direct her towards

Comment

Originally posted by Kelv View Post
                        Do you have a web page for your company, showing whats in stock/for sale.

Kim's after a new car already and pestering me to go and look at things with her, so im just being curious as to what cars are out there i can direct her towards
                        Sorry mate as everything we do is all buy advertise ..trader / ebay / street etc this is my 2nd job as im a HGV class 1 night trunk driver and do the cars of a day with my business partner.

Comment

Working...
                        X