Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carbon front spoiler, splitter, hockey sticks. Where from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave H
    replied
    I’ve got a set I am going to be listing in the for sale section when I get chance to take some photos. Full set from creative carbon via Mike, including bonnet vents as well.

Leave a comment:

• twin turbo
    replied
    Minimum 3-4 months when asked rainbird. The company that make them, do it basickly as a sidejob, so not a priority....

Leave a comment:

• PAUL V
    replied
    Originally posted by CHRISP View Post
    I’ve been waiting over 12 months now for small items from Mike (c/c) but knew what the wait would be like, it’ll probably be a bit longer if they’ve had to close for lock down
    2 years and 1 day for me

Leave a comment:

• CHRISP
    replied
    I’ve been waiting over 12 months now for small items from Mike (c/c) but knew what the wait would be like, it’ll probably be a bit longer if they’ve had to close for lock down

Leave a comment:

• PAUL V
    replied
    Originally posted by rashers View Post
    I emailed Mr Rainbird about some carbon stuff last week, bonnet vents and grill ,they have a three to four month lead time, be worth a call to check on availability of the bits you require ,,,,,,,,,,,
    Its not Mikes fault, but the wait will me much longer, much.

I really dont know how creative carbon can run a business with such a massive and elastic lead time.

Leave a comment:

• rashers
    replied
    I emailed Mr Rainbird about some carbon stuff last week, bonnet vents and grill ,they have a three to four month lead time, be worth a call to check on availability of the bits you require ,,,,,,,,,,,

Leave a comment:

• stookay007
    replied
    I've no idea if R and B are still operating, but they were made at creative carbon iirc.

Leave a comment:

• twin turbo
    replied
    Doesent matter if carbon or fiberglass, aslong as fit is close to "perfect"

Leave a comment:

• Darrenaf
    replied
    I had a set of Carbon ones on mine, spent a fortune, the first time out with them on hit a speed bump and the splitter shattered, I've got the OEM one on now thats been carbon wrapped, which is a bit more forgiving.

Leave a comment:

• twin turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Jamie Young View Post
    Graham Goode sell the complete set
    Said too be poor fittment..

Leave a comment:

• Jamie Young
    replied
    Graham Goode sell the complete set

Leave a comment:

• twin turbo
    replied
    Is r&b still the best place?

Leave a comment:

• stookay007
    replied
    Mines came through R and B, the hockey sticks didn't fit the front bumper that well IMO, I had to sand/re-profile them before fitting. The finish was OK though but like Dan's, this was a few years ago when the lead times were not as long.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Le Moignan
    replied
    My first set of splitters had to be returned to creative carbon as the carbon weave was dodgy in places.
    To be fair Mike sorted it all for me and was spot on, this was many years ago though when time scales were much better.

Leave a comment:

• Santu
    replied
    Originally posted by devil View Post
    I waited almost 15 months to get mine from Creative Carbon and when they arrived the quality was utter PISH! Ordered 21st July 15 and received October 2016. They will need to be refinished before I can fit them

Frankly i would have been embarrassed to supply anything in the state these arrived. The finish was like sandpaper, so much grit underneath plus finger prints in the lacquer right in the middle.

The corners didn't have any carbon in them, just clear resin so you could see right through and my wolf spoiler had the same issues. Rapid Ford did their best to sort it out but Marcus at Creative Carbon makes MK motorsport delays and delivery times look acceptable.

Personally i think the guys a prick and would advise you to look elsewhere!

I think there is a guy in Greece doing them and the pictures i saw quality looked really good but didn't have them in my hand to say for sure. Will hunt to try and find who it was, have it saved somewhere!
    Not to protect anybody, but the time when I bought my one with rapid ford, the same people you are talking with now I suppose, was in 2013..

probably something change?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X