Door pocket help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door pocket help

With all the screws removed from the door pockets how do you get the plastic washer off to free the pocket.

Is it an inset that pushes through the door card and into the pocket and not a washer. Does it just pull out with pliers.

Comment

is that an es cos one dave? when ive done them before they are just normal screws

Comment

No mate its a standard mk5 door card in the photo but the same carpeted door pockets. So doesn't a cosworth one have this plastic part then. What it is i have somebody with new rs2000 door cards that is selling me just the carpeted pockets and he cant get the pocket off because of the plastic bit and doesn't want to pull the pocket and damage it. Maybe just cut the white plastic clip with a knife then if its not needed. Just want to be sure first.

Comment

im sure my pockets had threaded brass inserts in the back of the plastic surround part and used normal screw/bolts,if these have a diff fixing method then you dont really want to be cutting bits off incase you need them to refit it,they look almost like rivets?

Comment

Working...
          X