No announcement yet.

Finally bought one !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Potter; 16-03-2018, 22:10:52.

Comment

Looking more like it
      Attached Files

Comment

Little update, I now have the dash mocked up in place, banana pod on, picking up a full hex interior on Wednesday next week and arranging a courier for a carpet I have bought in Plymouth. A and B pillar trims are sourced as well as the tailgate trim. So interior is not a million miles away

Comment

Good progress

Comment

Brilliant thread, best of luck enjoying reading your progress.

Comment

Nice project mate!! Looking forward to the updates

Comment

Grille in place, I can't figure out why the pictures keep uploading as thumbnails all of a sudden :-(
                Attached Files

Comment

Last edited by Potter; 16-03-2018, 22:12:19.

Comment

Well what a couple of days, bought an absolute shed load of parts. Lot of interior bits from a 17k broken car, few other odds and ends. Some excellent new old stock items like a full lock set, window seals, weather strips, BT badge set, original Ford mats, side lights.

Got a rear beam in the post, full set of new bolts for it, and hopefully both rear arms in the bag so I should have the back end sat on wheels very soon woop!

Comment

Coming along nicely mate.will be starting to look like a car now!

Comment

Last edited by Potter; 16-03-2018, 22:13:05.

Comment

Had a good few weeks on the build! I now have in my possession both front and rear bumpers (very happy) a pair of wiring looms (both with issues) that Auto dynamix have said they will repair, upgrade and modify to suit a few items like a stack dash etc.

I have a brand new handbrake/armrest section thanks to eBay. Brand new Side lights and good used rear seat latches. A rear beam and front crossmember.

It now puts me in a position where I think (apart from the tailgate glass) I'm about there with the body panels and fittings. Interior is coming along with the main 2 items remaining being the centre console and carpet.

so next week I think it's time to start talking to some paint shops. Going from mallard green to imperial blue means I am going to be going for a full inside and out job which will be nice.

I have a large number of brand new parts now, things that matter like the badges and seals, lock set and latches etc every component that goes back on will be either brand new, powder coated or painted, everything else cleaned up and refurbished. I'm very excited as I can see this being a stunner when it's done

Comment

Little update on the build. I now have in my possession a boot and wheel/jack cover and a full suspension set up, original shocks from a 37k car plus eibach springs. Brand new top caps. Also done a deal on several parts in Sweden and it looks like I have bagged a centre console and rear tailgate glass

Comment

Originally posted by Potter View Post
                              Nice keep up the work

Comment

Doing well mate, I would really like to know what kind of money are you up to so far, any major parts outstanding.

Comment

Working...
                                X