Finally bought one !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darrenaf View Post
    Doing well mate, I would really like to know what kind of money are you up to so far, any major parts outstanding.
    £11,500 so far spent give or take a few quid.

I need literally the full engine and box set up. Rear trailing arms, off side front hub. Full brake system and pedal box. Steering column and rack. Wheels, full fuel system set up. And a handful of sundries.

then it's the Labour to sort the looms out and install, paint the car and build an engine/install.

I would estimate to get the car on the road I could come in under 30k, for a solid clean cosworth built in parts from a bare shell I would be happy with that.

I would however like to up the budget and see it boasting a 500bhp quaife boxed engine with bin lid brakes and a show stopping paint job, what happens there is dependant on 2 things. 1. How my business does this year, and secondly how much ear ache the missus gives me about silly things like holidays and house improvement and generally 'getting my priorities right'...

Comment

Little update... so in the last couple of days I have a few more acquisitions

-NSF hub and both stub axles (she is now in a position where she can sit on wheels up front)
      -washer bottle
      -fuel cap, surround & pipe
      -a pair of arch liners
      -handbrake + cable
      -boot side carpet (I now have the full set in wheel cover)
      -rear bumper bracket things that hold the sides in place
      -centre console (really happy I got one of these)

Just the rear arms left now stopping me from having it on all 4's so the hunt is on!!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

few pics of how she is looking at the moment

Comment

Seats

Comment

Doing well mate.im on to the fuel system on mine.the tank and sender were a nightmare to source.bought a set of stage1 motorsport replacement solid pipes aswell underneath which are good quality.bit pricey tho.

Comment

no messing around, coming together I guess you need it rolling before its off to get paint
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stevenebm View Post
                      Doing well mate.im on to the fuel system on mine.the tank and sender were a nightmare to source.bought a set of stage1 motorsport replacement solid pipes aswell underneath which are good quality.bit pricey tho.
                      Thanks mate. Yeah I'm sort of dreading the fuel system myself as I have realised that the fuel tank etc is all a ballache to source. My backup plan is to run a fuel cell in the boot and go all race car on it.

Did you start yours as a bare shell? What a project it is building a full en

Comment

Originally posted by JIM_I View Post
                        no messing around, coming together I guess you need it rolling before its off to get paint
                        Ha yes indeed much has happened in 4 months... yes I need it rolling asap so it can head down to the paint shop for starting.

I bought some bolts today and got the subframe in place. Hopefully in the next few days I will get chance to bolt up the suspension and tca's. Then stick the front wheels on and I'm a happy chappy. Just the rear arms to source then.

Comment

nice angle from the front

Comment

Brand new arm rest with my recently acquired handbrake in place

Comment

Originally posted by Potter View Post

Thanks mate. Yeah I'm sort of dreading the fuel system myself as I have realised that the fuel tank etc is all a ballache to source. My backup plan is to run a fuel cell in the boot and go all race car on it.

Did you start yours as a bare shell? What a project it is building a full en

not as bare a shell as yours mate but a hell of a lot of stuff missing.the tough bit is the fuel sender.the tank is easy to source i got offered a couple of them.the rest of the fuel lines etc can be made easily with some aeroquip as finding the original fuel feed etc is near on impossible.and as said above stage1 motorsport do the hard lines underneath.

Comment

Originally posted by Potter View Post

Brand new arm rest with my recently acquired handbrake in place
                                Nice find with the armrest mate.

Comment

Working...
                                X