Pro alloy Rad & Charge Cooler Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro alloy Rad & Charge Cooler Install

I have had a go at fitting mine tonight, although it was late on, not 100% sure its fitted right, and i cannot find any images or install instructions, as anybody done it got any photo's, do i need 2 sets of the rubber radiator mounts any help/photos would be appreciated.

I fitted mine a long time ago, and now the car is in pieces for a rebuild. Let me look through my old photos to see if I’ve captured this in a photo.

Comment

Have you any pics of what you are fitting?

rad is easy enough however is it a rs500 intercooler?

not sure on what a pro ally charge cooler looks like or how it will mount.

Dave.

Comment

Its fitted and yes it's the RS 500 style, but it was hard work, the metal water & power steering pipes had to be sorted out, some new holes drilled and a bracket made to getting them looking OK, the intercooler is extremely tight on the front slam panel, too tight i may have to revisit it and maybe take a bit off the panel, will give pro alloy a call just to check the install is OK tomorrow.

Comment

Sorry cannot find any photo's of mine being fitted. I had to fit their slimline fans, as the standard fans wouldn't fit, as they fouled the engine pulleys.

Comment

Mine fitted straight in if i remember correct, and i actually am sure i used Sierra fans too... Use the forward holes in frameleg for ic, and the other behind for rad.
            www.sapphirerscosworth.com

Comment

I have airtec ic, and original rad
              www.sapphirerscosworth.com

Comment

There is standard rad mount on the slam panel.
                First you fit the bracket for rad/cooler combo, it is peace of metal with 3 holes.
                Than you mount ic and rad to that bracket.
                Everything is tight fit but very simple. The main thing is to position bracket right.
                you need 2 pairs of mounting kits.
                i’ll try to dig some pics later when i did research on fitting.

Comment

Originally posted by 000 View Post
                  There is standard rad mount on the slam panel.
                  First you fit the bracket for rad/cooler combo, it is peace of metal with 3 holes.
                  Than you mount ic and rad to that bracket.
                  Everything is tight fit but very simple. The main thing is to position bracket right.
                  you need 2 pairs of mounting kits.
                  i’ll try to dig some pics later when i did research on fitting.
                  I have fitted it just like you described, the centre hole picks up the existing rad mount on the chassis, and then there a 2 sets of slots either side of that hole the back slots mount the rad and the front slots mount the intercooler, but its mega tight, i think overtime the alloy would ware through on the chassis, i used a TV mount rubber(s) to mount the intercooler, will buy a proper kit from burton now though

Comment

got some photo's of the install on the car today,
                    Attached Files

Comment

That is it, i think my bracket isn’t symetric, check yours.
                      As you said it is mega tight but i know we trial fitted first as rad/ic holes were not equaly spaced from center bracket hole. Mine is not touching front bar, rad and ic touches each other and i have the biggest versions of rad and ic from airtec.

Comment

Originally posted by 000 View Post
                        That is it, i think my bracket isn’t symetric, check yours.
                        As you said it is mega tight but i know we trial fitted first as rad/ic holes were not equaly spaced from center bracket hole. Mine is not touching front bar, rad and ic touches each other and i have the biggest versions of rad and ic from airtec.
                        Thanks for the tip, did not check that, you would have thought a set of fitting instructions would be included, save all this messing

Comment

Working...
                        X