Heater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heater

The heater in my escos doesn't seem to be working, I recall years ago i had a similar issue with my old xr2 and i replaced a stat on it, would it be similar with the escos?

Could be that, could be the heater matrix blocked, could just be this cold weather the heater in the cosworth struggles in the cold weather. Worst case could be head gasket.

Comment

Would a head gasket go on a 29k mile car thats not been modded and never used?

Comment

Originally posted by seanyboy View Post
        Would a head gasket go on a 29k mile car thats not been modded and never used?
        a head gasket can go on any vehicle at any time especially if its got to hot, i believe those new focus rs are having head troubles and they are brand new!

Comment

what do you mean by not working? does the blower work on all speeds etc and you mean its just not getting very hot?

Comment

Originally posted by The Radman View Post
            what do you mean by not working? does the blower work on all speeds etc and you mean its just not getting very hot?

Yeah blower works just no heat

Comment

Feel in hoses on firewall if they Are hot when engine is. Those goes to the heat, so if they Are cold its a airlock or blocked somewhere..
              www.sapphirerscosworth.com

Comment

id remove the hoses where they go into the bulkhead and attach a hose pipe and another length of hose on the other one going into a bucket or similar and flush the heater matrix through and then swap the hoses over and repeat process again so your back flushing it and see if you get a load of cruddy water out

Comment

Originally posted by The Radman View Post
                  my blower doesn’t work -need to check the fuses etc, but is there a common set of faults on these?

Comment

The blower motor itself, failed on mine.
                    Cheers
                    John

EsCos - Turning dinosaurs into smiles.

Comment

My blower did not work after being sat for years, bizarrely I adjusted the electric wing mirrors and it started working again and been fine since

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Le Moignan View Post
                        My blower did not work after being sat for years, bizarrely I adjusted the electric wing mirrors and it started working again and been fine since
                        Well i will give it a go

Comment

Fuse box can give trouble with the heater motor not working, the resistors can pack up but usually the full speed still works and sometimes the brushes in the motor stick if not been used for a while.

Comment

Well the wing mirrors didn't help - i need to investigate it properly when i can get some time to do it!

I suspected a fuse box or wiring issue could be on the list, but I will check the easy stuff first

Comment

Check the heater motor fuse first with a test light then check at the motor end, the plug is a ball ache to get to if it’s a non aircon model.

Comment

Working...
                              X