No announcement yet.

RS4 advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being serious tho the amount of Audi’s I’ve worked on the build quality is something else can’t see you going wrong with one mate

Comment

Dave, had a b7 few year ago, lovely car with 36k, was massively dissapointed in performance......wingbacks are a chew on if a daily, sound lovely with a full milltek, bad for inlets coaking up, oil coolers are bad for leaking, oe suspension are also bad for leaking, most are on coilovers now.

mine was avis silver saloon with black optic pack

Comment

Hi Dave.
        I also had an opportunity to buy one. The car was from the U.S. and had ~7000 miles on the clock. Was like new, beautiful Dolphin Grey sedan with white Recaro. So I've lent it from the seller (a friend of mine) to check if it is for me or not. Like guys have said - great looks, but performance was under expectations. I'd say the car had 240PS, not 420PS.
        Buying with eyes it is sold, but if I were you, I'd try to drive it before I fall in love with the looks. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by KR54321 View Post
          Hi Dave.
          I also had an opportunity to buy one. The car was from the U.S. and had ~7000 miles on the clock. Was like new, beautiful Dolphin Grey sedan with white Recaro. So I've lent it from the seller (a friend of mine) to check if it is for me or not. Like guys have said - great looks, but performance was under expectations. I'd say the car had 240PS, not 420PS.
          Buying with eyes it is sold, but if I were you, I'd try to drive it before I fall in love with the looks. Good luck
          Agree on this... I also found the handling to be shocking bad, i almost løst it in a turn, while i was thinking i was way under safe speed
          www.sapphirerscosworth.com

Comment

my best mate has been an Audi tech since pretty much leaving college. The biggest issue with these cars is folk owning them and then cutting corners on maintenance when they realise how expensive they are to run, he's seen some right dodgy ones - champagne car run on a lemonade budget. He's seen everything from miss matched tyres through to cheap oil being used and grenading an engine.

I seem to remember that even the non carbon brakes are around £1,500 for disks and pads all round. Other thing to look out for is to ensure that the front seats are the correct ones, the get pinched and are NLA so the S4 seats can be fitted, he's seen stolen cars written off due to just 2 missing front seats.

They are a capable all rounder though, I considered them when I was looking for a daily end of 2016 but the road tax bracket put me off in the end.

Comment

My mate had one Dave I loved the car it looked awesome and was mint bought it 18 months old he got rid when it needed suspension work doing after a few years if I remember right, sounded great but just not like a turbo'd car seemed pretty average till you revved it hard typical non turbo car imo, I love the interior on them but I've heard insurance companies have written them off because they can't be replaced.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys, you've pretty much talked me out of it to be fair.

think I'll just wait another year or so and go for an RS3
                XYZ Fabrications
                Bespoke, custom and low batch quantity cnc profiling, engraving and fabriactions, 07917757695

Comment

Working...
                X