New MOT rules this year??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New MOT rules this year??

Any one posted already about the new MOT rules tis year. Some interesting reading i found in the local Rag. Something about aftermarket headlight/bulbs beeing outlawed and issues with imissions . Also deisels with DPF's removed, imobilised or bypassed? Any one got the full SP?
    sigpic

Sunnyside B&B and camper restorations
    www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Dpf removed in my van as fook paying 2k for a new one from VW can’t see them checking ECU for DPF software I hope
    sigpic
    MAD tuned, DP engine, 530 bhp 480 lbft, autronics, anti lag, EFR 7670,

Comment

Also historic vehicles over 40 years old need not be MOT'd either. Ok sounds great , my 5 campesr need no tax and Mot from May iirc but having been restoring these old vehicles for 27 years I know what their like underneath. The governments idea is that people look after their historic vehicles. Yes.....to a point but the ammount of mint looking campers ourside ive had to fully restore underneath is frightning.
      sigpic

Sunnyside B&B and camper restorations
      www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnysidebb View Post
        Also historic vehicles over 40 years old need not be MOT'd either. Ok sounds great , my 5 campesr need no tax and Mot from May iirc but having been restoring these old vehicles for 27 years I know what their like underneath. The governments idea is that people look after their historic vehicles. Yes.....to a point but the ammount of mint looking campers ourside ive had to fully restore underneath is frightning.
        Totally agree, spent many many years restoring triumph TRs, the amount that came through the doors that needed chassi/suspension rebuilds was unbelievable.. shiney paint work and some new trim etc,, customer just bought them thinking it was mint. Not a good idea imo
        sigpic
        JD Rallysport

Comment

Working...
        X