Come Across a Small Issue 6 degree beam Janspead exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come Across a Small Issue 6 degree beam Janspead exhaust

I have fitted a 6 degree rear beam and basically the 2 mounting points for the exhaust hangers on the back end of the middle section, appear to have moved, has anybody come across this before, and what solution did you come up with. The exhaust is a Graham Goode Supplied Janspeed. Thanks

pics?

Comment

Nms had this on mine with a magnex exhaust, they had to cut around 1/2” out the exhaust and move it back welding the pieces back in to move the silencer boxes towards the rear.

Dave.

Comment

I sold a Magnex to Mike R several years ago and he had to get it modded to fit with his 6 deg beam so it seems a bit of a common issue, that's one reason I haven't fitted mine yet as I'm fully expecting to have to get the exhaust modded and don't want to be without a car in the summer.
        XYZ Fabrications
        Bespoke, custom and low batch quantity cnc profiling, engraving and fabriactions, 07917757695

Comment

sounds a pain,what about the type that hang from the rear diff bolts,like the ggr and blueflame,would they be any better if you could find one

Comment

The silencer was in the way when fitting.

easy enough to cut 2” piece out the exhaust at the rear of the silencer then move box back and put cut off pieces in front of silencer box, boxes then 2” further away beam.

Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by The Radman View Post
              sounds a pain,what about the type that hang from the rear diff bolts,like the ggr and blueflame,would they be any better if you could find one
              I think i can mod the Janspeed, but i was hoping to drop it on the wheels this weekend, now i've gone back a bit, but looking at having to hang it off the rear diff, but my mig welder won't do stainless, there's always something. Ill get some pics up tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Davecos 4x4 View Post
                The silencer was in the way when fitting.

easy enough to cut 2” piece out the exhaust at the rear of the silencer then move box back and put cut off pieces in front of silencer box, boxes then 2” further away beam.
                I think mine will fit, its tight but might get away with changing the hanging position.

Comment

I had to modify the long hanger on my blue flame (IIRC) to clear the 6 degree beam, moved it back about an inch then re bent it to meet the hangers, luckily I can weld stainless so it was easy

Steve

NSSCC 2016 Class B1 Champion
                  Mondeo 2.2 Titanium X sport daily driver, xr4x4 cosworth race car
                  Matt lewis motorsport supporting my racing in 2016
                  Reyland built, mapped by motorsport developments 455BHP
                  http://www.mattlewismotorsport.co.uk/

Comment

Modded my mongoose to suit.

Comment

Originally posted by c20tbo View Post
                      Modded my mongoose to suit.
                      What mods need doing to a mongoose? What beam?
                      sigpic

Comment

i need a new welder, will have to take a look at these multifunction ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave H View Post

What mods need doing to a mongoose? What beam?
                          Exhaust hanger remake and MK stage 2 beam

Comment

Originally posted by c20tbo View Post

Exhaust hanger remake and MK stage 2 beam
                            Cheers
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X