10 disc CD changer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 disc CD changer

Morning folks just wondering if any one knows of any other disc unit compatible with CDX-A15 sony head unit that came in the Fords in the 90's. Maybe some one has one lying around that works?

i fitted one of these set ups in a previous car,its a 10 disc changer and the 2050 cd unit is a straight swap for the 2040 cd player as long as you have the 2007 radio set up
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by The Radman View Post
      i fitted one of these set ups in a previous car,its a 10 disc changer and the 2050 cd unit is a straight swap for the 2040 cd player as long as you have the 2007 radio set up
      This is what I have but changer is goosed! Looking for a changer or was wondering is it possible to get some kind of adapter to connect say another sony changer or Pioneer for that matter. I like the look of standard head units so would like to stay with that.

Comment

in that case then id have thought there would be some other period sony changers that would work,as long as the lead fits,i dont remember the lead being model specific,cant you find another the same even? i ended up with 2 of them at one point and found a brand new old stock one for just £30 as nobody wants them nowadays

Comment

Aye Nick Porsche also had these. If I did'nt want one probably then be tripping over them.

Comment

yep, mondeos and granadas had them too

Comment

I binned that set up a few years ago, they were on mk1 mondeo ghia X's

Steve

NSSCC 2016 Class B1 Champion
              Mondeo 2.2 Titanium X sport daily driver, xr4x4 cosworth race car
              Matt lewis motorsport supporting my racing in 2016
              Reyland built, mapped by motorsport developments 455BHP
              http://www.mattlewismotorsport.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by tommi View Post
                Morning folks just wondering if any one knows of any other disc unit compatible with CDX-A15 sony head unit that came in the Fords in the 90's. Maybe some one has one lying around that works?
                I have a Sony branded one, though not sure of the exact model, and it definitely works. It looks like the one in the photo above in the thread, at first glance, though it's silver, rather than grey.
                Jim

Comment

Originally posted by biz View Post

I have a Sony branded one, though not sure of the exact model, and it definitely works. It looks like the one in the photo above in the thread, at first glance, though it's silver, rather than grey.
                  Would it be possible to fire up an auld pic of it lad showing the numbers. That is if you are selling it thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by tommi View Post

Would it be possible to fire up an auld pic of it lad showing the numbers. That is if you are selling it thanks.
                    Yes, it's in the garage attic Tam. I'll retrieve it later.

Later.... OK, model is CDX-71:

sony1.JPG Sony2.JPG Sony3.JPG Sony4.JPG
                    Jim

Comment

F that I thought we landed one. Different connections

Comment

Damn!
                        Jim

Comment

What do the proper connectors look like?

Comment

Working...
                          X