Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A new batch of 18x9J inch BIG BRAKE original-look wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prashb10
    replied
    i would be interested in a set if there are some available with the minor imperfections?
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Potter
    replied
    I am still wanting the wheels please and those imperfections don't bother me. And I am happy to pay full price. I don't believe after the work that you have put in that you deserve to be running at a loss.

Leave a comment:

• AGAR
    replied
    Hi Jan,

sorry to hear about the issues in paint quality. They're totally outwith your control, so don't feel bad about it. You've put loads of work into this and I'm sure I speak for all EsCos owners when I say we really appreciate it.

Just to confirm, I'm happy to proceed with my order and would take wheels with the type of paint imperfections shown above (with approx £30 discount per wheel - or thereabouts once you've confirmed).

Leave a comment:

• The Radman
    replied
    epsecially when you think that those pics are massive so make it look worse,when you look in real life i bet most folk wouldnt even notice anything

Leave a comment:

• Davecos 4x4
    replied
    Them marks wont bother me.

Leave a comment:

• devil
    replied
    I used to buy containers of lights from China and they would come perfect, then the next one would have little flaws then the one after would be horrendous.

You couldnt check the shipment till it had cleared customs and you had paid your taxes. The trouble with returning them aside shipping and time is that customs and excise wouldnt refund you for the goods being returned and wanted to tax you for the replacements.

I stopped buying direct and now buy through a third party, who now suffers the same issues even having staff on site in China 5 days a week. I know your frustrations and the fact you have to check every single item, it can be quite soul destroying but people do appreciate you efforts in getting these remade and are thankful of your efforts

Leave a comment:

• rscosworthman
    replied
    Thanks guys for your mental support and personal solutions! We will note down everything on the list and will get in touch (PM). We think about GBP30 per wheel for repainting, so that could be the discount too.

Leave a comment:

• Davecos 4x4
    replied
    I will gladly take a set of marked wheels as long as the caps match.

Leave a comment:

• Gensc
    replied
    As above, you did all you can, so thumbs up and thanks for all your efforts!

I am one of those "first come first serve" guy, so what is next?

Also, i ordered 5 wheels, i would love to get 4 wheels with no marks or with 1 "acceptable paintmark" per wheel, but i am happy to take one wheel (this will be a spare wheel anyway) with (1-2) bulging issue as long as the caps match (for all).

Oh, and i am happy to pay full price for the spare wheel (with bulging issue) too!

Leave a comment:

• Davecos 4x4
    replied
    I have seen worse also.

thankyou for what you have done, cannot help the way they have turned out.

what price reductions are you talking about for the wheels?

Leave a comment:

• The Radman
    replied
    to be honest ive seen far worse wheels from compomotive and other manufacturers

Leave a comment:

• CHRISP
    replied
    I’m not on the list as I wasn’t going to buy another car at that time but if there’s a chance of getting a set that need painting I’ll happily buy four or five wheels from anyone wanting to drop out...

Leave a comment:

• R5COS
    replied
    You did all you could Jan and I dont think anyone would say otherwise. Its disappointing from the factory side but I cant see many having an issue with whats happened as it was totally beyond your control.

Leave a comment:

• rscosworthman
    replied
    Love to hear your reactions and ideas guys - we have tons of work and money into this and we could use some mental support...

Leave a comment:

• rscosworthman
    replied
    Hi all,

It’s time for a new update: we had a hard time since we discovered a few issues with the wheels after they arrived in our shed ☹. Don’t get me wrong, the wheels still look beautiful, and structurally there is nothing wrong with them, but there were a few little devils in detail… This was extra disappointing, because we let Lotte go to China one extra time to make sure the quality would be better than the last batch. But hey, we shouldn’t be naïve, we knew this could happen when buying stuff in China right…

On the first few boxes we opened / had sent directly to Cossie owners in Australia, we found several wheels with paint imperfections (pits, dents, roughness) on the front surface of the wheels and we had some difficulties matching colours of the caps with the wheels. So now there is only one option: we have to check every single wheel before we are comfortable sending them out to you guys. This is a huge operation, still going on (we are halfway now)… picture below is about 40 boxes, which took us a full day to check, double check and match caps…..

We also spent a monster load of time discussing the issues with the factory. And unfortunately they are not so forgiving as we hoped they would be…
    From now on we can start sending out the wheels. We have defined this quality standard: wheels with zero or one minor marks (<1mm, hardly visible) are acceptable in our opinion. They would look good on any show car. Wheels with 2 or more minor dents, or big dents on visual places (like the bulging of a spoke), we are not comfortable selling them at the full price.

Sadly enough, this means that we cannot serve you all with approved wheels as from march…. ...we'll need time to sort them out and fix the lesser ones. Here the rule will apply “first come, first served” for individual customers (we have a few business customers we need to deal with them separately).

So what this means for you is:
    • If you plan to paint the wheels anyway, we could give you a set of wheels with some paintmarks, and give you a reduced price. At the moment, together with Ben Purnell we are looking at the possibilities to get the wheels with imperfections repainted to perfect state.
    • If you plan to cancel your order at all, you can (as you always could) receive your down payment back of course – we are confident that we will sell the wheels anyway
    • For the rest, it is “first come first serve” (according to the list of interest posted), and we’re ready to send them out as from half march (when we’ve finished all the checking work)

What this means for us is, that we made a loss on the first batch, and that we are about to make a loss on the second, so this was definitely the last batch. We had fun, enjoyed the ride, learned a lot, but this is it.

Example of unacceptable paintmark on spoke:

Example of acceptable paintmark:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X