Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A new batch of 18x9J inch BIG BRAKE original-look wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for an update: we received most of the down payments, thank you for that! As a result, the wheels have been ordered from the factory and the money has been sent to China, so there's no way back....!! The factory will start production soon, so within 1 or 2 months I will be able to go for a quality check (of the caps and wheels) to China. We are so excited that it has started now! We expect to deliver the wheels around Christmas. We will keep you updated on the process and timing.

Anyone who hasn't signed in yet....we ordered some spare sets....but when it's gone, it's gone!

Thanks guys for your trust in this project

Jan Dirk and Lotte
    18x9J inch delivered! New (and probably last) batch being produced as we speak - se posts here

Comment

Originally posted by rashers View Post
      Stick me down for four wheels please cheers Rashers,,,,
      Still waiting for your down payment.....!
      18x9J inch delivered! New (and probably last) batch being produced as we speak - se posts here

Comment

I will take a set of 4 please.

Dave.

Comment

How many center caps do we get?

ford ones or blank?

thanks

Dave.

Comment

Bloody love these.

Comment

Originally posted by sc992000uk View Post
              Bloody love these.
              thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Davecos 4x4 View Post
                I will take a set of 4 please.
                thanks mate! I will sent you a PM

Comment

How many center caps do we get?

ford ones or blank?

thanks
                  with a set of 4, you will get 5 blank and 5 ford caps

Comment

Money sent to Ben,

thankyou.

Dave.

Comment

Tempted to buy a set for when I eventually find a car

Comment

Originally posted by JonJ View Post
                        Tempted to buy a set for when I eventually find a car
                        Sounds like a plan ! Just let us know (PM)...

Comment

My wife Lotte will visit China from October 8th through 16th to visit both the wheel and the cap factory. Just like last time, she will go through all the quality checks, strength, looks, paint etc.etc. Pictures will follow for sure.

Comment

roughly, when will they be ready.

Dave.

Comment

Lotte was in the factory in China yesterday to check the quality of the wheels, I was back home on skype to check with her. Overall we are impressed by the quality and the level of precision of the factory - so we're happy. One of the most important things is the CNC work on the back of the spokes to allow for the bigger brakes. The factory has found some extra 'redundant material' on the back of the spoke (see gap between paper mould and wheel) that can be removed without decreasing the strength of the wheel, but making it lighter. You cannot see this from the outside of the wheel, so it's just a bonus. I think it helps to fit 6 pots with smaller diameter discs, such as the 330mm and 348mm ones significantly, they should fit better now, probably no spacers required. The larger discs never were and still aren't a problem up to the 378mm's.

The wheel is tested on 1250kg vertical load (normally this is only 750kg per wheel) and twice the sideways force of a normal wheel (have to look up the value) and went easily through the strict JWL VIA requirements (Japanese wheel standard that is very strict).

Lotte is showing real commitment to this project, as it is her birthday today, she has celebrated it with her Chinese friends and people from the factory.

Here are some impressions of the new batch of yesterday, please note that these are still the 'raw end products' - they need to be checked, polished, balanced, edges removed and painted of course.

Comment

roughly, when will they be ready.
                                Here's the most ambitious time line:

Today: all wheels are cast and rough CNC work done
                                Coming week: all wheels receive their detailed finishing work and quality checks
                                Monday: Lotte is back in the factory to check the end product
                                Week after: final payment comes through to the factory
                                Week after: Wheels are shipped to Ningbo
                                Week after: Wheels are on board
                                4-5 weeks after: wheels are in the Netherlands
                                1-2​​​​​​ weeks after: wheels are in the UK @BenPurnell

So all in all "before Cristmas" is still theoretically possible, but hickups/delays are very likely. Somewhere in January is therefore the most realistic scenario I guess. All-in-all well before coming show season haha.

Comment

Working...
                                X