X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosworth st suction

Anybody know anything about this car
    https://www.tradeclassics.com/auctio...-cosworth-lux/
    apparently sold for 27500 at auction last night, which on the surface of it seems is ridiculously low. Even the starting bid is low

Bet he was gutted

Comment

Can’t have been bothered I’d have thought it he would have put a reserve on it.
      Mom not sure how auctions work m, what would be the buyers and sellers fees on that?

Comment

Doesn't say it's sold...This car is now on a negotiate sale to interested parties

Comment

Iv just looked again and your right mark. I’m sure that said sold this morning when I checked it. Someone sent me it and I looked and I’m sure he both of us said it was sold.
          How does the negotiate sale thing work then, isn’t that what the auction is???

Comment

Screenshot
            Attached Files

Comment

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1996-Ford...o/253673665210

Its still on ebay for £45k

Comment

i\m sure that negotiated bit mean they haggle it out behind closed doors.

Comment

So you’ve bid for a car at an auction to get into another auction. Surely if the car has monreserve then it’s legally required to be sold for what the final bid is???

Comment

Where does it say no reserve? i don't think anyone would be brave enough to sell without one

Comment

I meant in general if an auction had no reserve then it needs to go for what the bid is at when the hammer falls??
                      if that car had a reserve on it that wasn’t met then wouldn’t the auction have said “reserve not met” ??
                      also the listing says you’re entering into a legal contract by bidding so again surely what the hammer falls at 27525 then that’s is the price?
                      it doesn’t mean you enter into further negotiations

Comment

If no reserve is set then yes it sells for what it sells for but if there was a reserve and it didn't make it that's when further negotiations would take place to see if the highest bidder would meet the reserve

Comment

Working...
                        X