600bhp fuel system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rob,

Not a fan of banjo fittings on fuel systems, if they have to be used something like these http://atecautotechnic.co.uk/en/banj...ball-2105.html
    Standard size banjo very restrictive.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by steveboyslim View Post
      Rob,

Not a fan of banjo fittings on fuel systems, if they have to be used something like these http://atecautotechnic.co.uk/en/banj...ball-2105.html
      Standard size banjo very restrictive.

Steve
      Steve,

thats basically whats used, m12 or 14 banjo bolt with -6 male end

Attached Files

Comment

Small restrictions should be ok, you can actually have 40-50% restriction in a piped system and keep 100% of the flow

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Le Moignan View Post
          Small restrictions should be ok, you can actually have 40-50% restriction in a piped system and keep 100% of the flow
          Dan, thats a good bit of info, after a couple of messages from Mark i think first port of call is to re-check vac lines

i really dint think the -6 lines are the issue from what ive read so fingers crossed

Comment

Originally posted by c20tbo View Post

Steve,

thats basically whats used, m12 or 14 banjo bolt with -6 male end
            Rob,

From that picture and the other on your build posts, they only look like standard banjo ends not the larger diameter big ball versions when comparing to the banjo bot A/F size.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Le Moignan View Post
              That is only valid if there is redundancy built into the system, if you are running a fuel system or any piped system at near maximum capacity any restriction is bad.

Steve

Comment

Any restriction is not ideal but it really does not make a massive difference if any at 40-50% restriction.
                We run to various limits- flow,surge, pressure and hydraulic limits and you can pull controllers in to these positions before flow rate reduces (including equal dia lines which are matched to pump suctions etc)

Comment

I dont want to be running my fuel system flat out (pump wise its good for far more) im hoping its more a pressure issue than a flow issue, its very frustrating i really did not expect fuel problems.

Comment

Sure Mark will sort it Rob

Comment

Originally posted by c20tbo View Post
                      I dont want to be running my fuel system flat out (pump wise its good for far more) im hoping its more a pressure issue than a flow issue, its very frustrating i really did not expect fuel problems.
                      Rob,

Pressure and volume are related.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by steveboyslim View Post

Rob,

Pressure and flow(volume) are related.

Steve

steve,

correct hense im hoping for a pressue issue

Comment

Working...