X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alloy prop donut

Anyone making them? Both early saph and late/escos types
    www.sapphirerscosworth.com

Shouldn't be difficult to make, but would you want to?
    XYZ Fabrications
    Bespoke, custom and low batch quantity cnc profiling, engraving and fabriactions, 07917757695

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
      Shouldn't be difficult to make, but would you want to?
      Well, the early type starts to be impossible to find å good one, and late too... And why not? Aslong as its straight, and mounts areAstiff, no need to move there?

Comment

I was under the impression it acted as a kind of cushdrive, if it's solid mounted would there be side effects?
        XYZ Fabrications
        Bespoke, custom and low batch quantity cnc profiling, engraving and fabriactions, 07917757695

Comment

Not sure, but many cars dont have any rubber or damping on prop but then they might have a joint insted... But have seen a few with only alloy donut, so guess it should be okayish

Comment

I can get you one made if you need one
            XYZ Fabrications

Comment

Give me a price, both types with "correct" center

Comment

what do you mean, correct centre
                XYZ Fabrications

Comment

The early have the "center steering pin" on donut. The escos and late saph have it on prop.

Comment

I don't have access to an early one, only late Saff/Escos
                    XYZ Fabrications

Comment

Originally posted by twin turbo View Post
                      Not sure, but many cars dont have any rubber or damping on prop but then they might have a joint insted... But have seen a few with only alloy donut, so guess it should be okayish
                      i thought without the rubber donuts the rear differential (more that the front one in our case) will soffer more, i guess it should act like the rubber part you have in between the pumps and the electric motor.

maybe having bigger holes on the donuts and put in the rubber bushing could be helping more?
                      I mean something like this maybe
                      http://www.2040-parts.com/drive-coup...urbo-i1973146/

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                        I don't have access to an early one, only late Saff/Escos
                        Guess its only size of hole that is important, since if correct size and in Center, its okay...

Comment

Originally posted by Santu View Post

i thought without the rubber donuts the rear differential (more that the front one in our case) will soffer more, i guess it should act like the rubber part you have in between the pumps and the electric motor.

maybe having bigger holes on the donuts and put in the rubber bushing could be helping more?
                          I mean something like this maybe
                          http://www.2040-parts.com/drive-coup...urbo-i1973146/
                          Its not damping with alloy, but i think its mainly for comfort.. Taking up noice and vibration, but comfort i realy dont care about...

Comment

Originally posted by twin turbo View Post

Its not damping with alloy, but i think its mainly for comfort.. Taking up noice and vibration, but comfort i realy dont care about...
                            probably, also that is a good point

Comment

Burton still got these in Stock http://www.burtonpower.com/propshaft...2-proprj1.html

Comment

Working...
                              X