Breather help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breather help

Hi all I could do with a bit of help.... please bare with me on this, I went to national day on Sunday & while in 4th & 5th around 60-70 mph all was fine, soon as I gave it a bit & then let off I would get a mist of white smoke out the vent drivers side? Happens only when at those speeds not when in 1st 2nd etc (unless I never noticed) when I got to donington had a look under the bonnet & it looked like oil had spat out the catch tank on to the inner wing where the filter is... it’s a spec R breather system I’ve not long fitted, I had a bailey on b4 that with no issues??? Any help would be great.
    Attached Files

Can't see the pic at work but in 4th and 5th the engine is under the most load so working harder, sounds like you are overloading the breather system (worn engine) or the breather system is not effeceint enough, ie a crap design

steve

NSSCC 2016 Class B1 Champion
    Mondeo 2.2 Titanium X sport daily driver, xr4x4 cosworth race car
    Matt lewis motorsport supporting my racing in 2016
    Reyland built, mapped by motorsport developments 455BHP
    http://www.mattlewismotorsport.co.uk/

Comment

I’m guessing with the bailey 1 I had on I wouldn’t of noticed as it vented under the car... even if it was doing the same. I’ve had the car 17 yrs & it’s only just done 50,000 I’m not saying in don’t drive it like I stole it from time to time... because that’s what they are for!!! But if I do 500 miles a yr I’d eat my hat!!!

Comment

I have the same breather system. I would check the drain tap on the catch tank to make sure it's fully closed or even screwed into the tank firmly.
        Last edited by dfp454; 02-09-2018, 16:13:14.
        RSOC Member 16886

Darren Parker
        07539-936944

Comment

It’s coming out of where the filter is on the tank.

Comment

I'd say the engine is ether fooked or you the breather plumbed in the wrong way
            sigpic

Built by my self dp motorsport 700.6bhp 520ftlb efr9180 2.4bar m.a.d mapped flat out is the only way

Comment

Working...
            X