Clutch issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch issue?

Guys what’s the power limit for a standard clutch? , I have a small turbo that’s running pretty much standard power, maybe 30/40 more.
    iv had great difficulty getting it to go into gear recently but the weekend past was bad, wouldn’t go into first without really being forced, crunched a few times going into 3rd even with the clutch on the floor. I think the box is fine as it goes into gear when the cars not running.
    coukd it be anything other than the clutch?
    What clutch recommendations have you got for me?

Clutch cable adjustment or cable failing.
    Cheers
    John

EsCos - Turning dinosaurs into smiles.

Comment

have you tried lifting the pedal up to see if it clicks a notch or two on the adjuster?

Comment

Nope not tried that. Will try tonight, what does it mean if it clicks a notch?
        havent really noticed a difference in the pedal tbh, bite point doesn’t feel much different

Comment

lifting the clutch pedal up, moves a toothed cog which will re engage higher up the other side of the adjuster, this will allow the clutch arm to move further thus allowing more clutch travel, you will probably find the gears then clear.

Steve

NSSCC 2016 Class B1 Champion
          Mondeo 2.2 Titanium X sport daily driver, xr4x4 cosworth race car
          Matt lewis motorsport supporting my racing in 2016
          Reyland built, mapped by motorsport developments 455BHP
          http://www.mattlewismotorsport.co.uk/

Comment

Tried lifting the clutch last night. It appears to be quite tight to the top, it wouldn’t actually pull up any further

Comment

Worse job in the world if you have to replace the ratchet and paw

Comment

Originally posted by POLARIS ESCOS View Post
                How do I know if it’s that?

Comment

Originally posted by POLARIS ESCOS View Post
                  ball ache of a job

Simbo, how much do you use yours? I find if mine has been left for a while, say 10 or 12 weeks the first 50 miles or so afterwards the clutch feels awful, all juddery. Clears after a bit of use and a temperature cycle.

Comment

Working...
                  X