4x4 yb head for 600hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4x4 yb head for 600hp

Hello guys, can somebody give me few advices for building engine head and what components are best for 600hp. What cams, what valves oversized or not? I have prepared mis inlet manifold with 8 grey injector.
    Please feel free and give me your advices from experience.

My idea was piper cams bd14, ferrera +1mm valves,piper mechanical followers, piper dual valve springs.

Thank you very much.
    Nino.
    Old Ford's never die, they just go faster.

Ask the builder. No need for oversize valves, important is how the porting Job is done... The total Spec and powerband you are after, is whats important, 600bhp alone dont say anything, since 600bhp peak power is "easy" but to get a 600bhp reliable and drivable that actually works is abit more tricky
    www.sapphirerscosworth.com

Comment

For head porting and polishing I have one very good person, he is also popular in UK for vrx engines. He did only 3 yb heads and make good resaults (as we dont have manny cosworths here).
      With turbo, I will choice some smaller turbo like bw s200sx, or gtx30 to have good mid power and that car is drivable. But head components and their reliability is what is concern to me.
      specially, what cams profile is best for mid range power.

Comment

The stock Valve if not Been bent in their lifetime should be good, dual springs is preferd, camprofile is best if you get builder to find, since porting, compression, turbo, exhaust manifold,innlet ++ Will be with to desidert the optimal profile
        www.sapphirerscosworth.com

Comment

It also depends on the bottom end, volum, comp, crank and rods

Comment

In bottom is assembled from block 200, westwood heavy duty liners inside, with rods 136mm and 92.0mm JE pistons with CR 9.0. Acl bearings. Crank is original size.
            Last edited by Nino; 10-09-2018, 13:04:51.

Comment

I post picture down below
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X