Magnex exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnex exhaust

After Magnex went bust I believe blueflame bought them, seen a few post on other forums (non ford) about poor fit, quality etc. With some folk also saying Collins performance now make original spec/quality Magnex systems, anyone bought one recently? up to date info?

magnex were the best fitting exhaust of them all from my experiences, i think ive had every exhaust going over the yrs and they were spot on.the collns version of the magnex uses collins orig type mongoose back box and a magnex front part. the orig magnex never had a rear silencer

Comment

@ Radman, so the "new " Magnex a bit of a mix of the 2 systems?

Comment

Never heard anyone say magnex was a poor fit.the mongoose is the one I'm led to beleave hangs down a bit.I like the sound of mongoose but magnex for fitting wise.would like to know if anyone has bought the above system aswell from Collins and what it's like.

Comment

I have a new style mongoose with adjustable hangers and fit is not great, starting to melt my bumper!

Comment

Originally posted by stookay007 View Post
            @ Radman, so the "new " Magnex a bit of a mix of the 2 systems?
            yes thats right, it uses magnex style twin pipes and twin silencers then the mongoose back box so it has an extra silencer over the orig magnex

Comment

I’m glad this has cropped up because I would really like to buy a magnex exhaust myself but not sure what to do. DP performance on line have the magnex in stock but with no sport cat or for the mongoose for that matter. G Goode sell the mongoose say they have always been the best and can supply with a sports cat. Does anyone else have issues with them melting your bumper? I’ve read the mongoose hangs too low and I am biased to a magnex as I had one on my Punto GT as a boy racer and it sounded awesome and was a great fit and quality. Twin centre exit dtm wish I still had her. Does a lamda light come on the dash permanently if the escos is decatted?

Comment

nope no lights,benefit of older technology magnex has the best ground clearance by a mile if thats an issue

Comment

I've got a mongoose on mine, the older style. When I purchased the car it didn't fit great, so we bent the hangers slightly with all the clamps undone so we could twist it. It now fits fine and it only catches on huge speed bumps.

As said could have been better out of the box though.

Comment

Anyone welded a sports cat into their downpipe, is there space under heat shield?

Comment

I've never seen one on a downpipe, they are usually in the first part of the system. Bit tight for space by the bulkhead I'd guess.

Comment

I have the old style Magnex system that splits into two 2-1/4 pipes after the 3" downpipe. I have ordered one of these cats to install so I can pass inspection this Fall.

http://www.redbackconverters.com/twi...ance-200-cpsi/

Comment

Originally posted by VADreamer View Post
                          I have the old style Magnex system that splits into two 2-1/4 pipes after the 3" downpipe. I have ordered one of these cats to install so I can pass inspection this Fall.

http://www.redbackconverters.com/twi...ance-200-cpsi/
                          VADreamer, thanks for the link. Are you welding it into your system or clamping it? it doesnt say if the cat is stainless steel.

Comment

Originally posted by stookay007 View Post
                            Anyone welded a sports cat into their downpipe, is there space under heat shield?
                            yes i have on my mongoose downpipe...you have to install the sports cat on the last straight section ahead the second exhaust part..mine has a diameter of 120mm it think

Comment

Originally posted by phs84 View Post

yes i have on my mongoose downpipe...you have to install the sports cat on the last straight section ahead the second exhaust part..mine has a diameter of 120mm it think
                              phs84, you have a picture?

Comment

Working...
                              X