No announcement yet.

Are these right, rear beam bushes...???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech Question - Are these right, rear beam bushes...???

So gents, is that right, the new bushes look far to tall, I know they have to be compressed when the bolt tightens but even so..... guess they are right pig to get in the beam as well....
    Attached Files

They look right to me. The top part of the cone pushes through the beam.

I made up a little compression tool to aid insertion.

Basically a piece of threaded bar with two 100mm square plates and a short section of tube for clearence. Lube the bush up and tighten up, job done

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Tomismo View Post
      They look right to me. The top part of the cone pushes through the beam.

I made up a little compression tool to aid insertion.

Basically a piece of threaded bar with two 100mm square plates and a short section of tube for clearence. Lube the bush up and tighten up, job done
      Cheers, for the advice to get the bush in the beam, but looking at the original, the metal core locates into the chassis, the poly bush looks too big, does it really compress that much...?

Comment

yeah it will mate i had to use longer bolts ages ago doing mine

Comment

They are quite easy to fit, there is an online guide I followed but can’t find it now
          just use the weight of the car to push the old bush out with a socket between the chassis and the beam

Comment

Thanks, I have the old bushes removed and the beams back from powder coating, once the bushes are in the beam any advice on fitting the beam to the car with the polys fitted...?

Comment

Solids in mine

Comment

Hows the underside resto coming along Seb, any pics

Comment

We built up the rear axle completely. Sat the car on axle stands and then used 2 trolley jacks under the axle to get it up into location. Started by bolting the rear shocks up, the moved onto the beam mount plates, then diff mount. It was not easy but we managed

Comment

Originally posted by c20tbo View Post
                    Hows the underside resto coming along Seb, any pics
                    Hi Rob, yes it’s coming along great and just about ready to go back together, I have taken pics all the way through and will put a resto thread up. Also got a full new hex interior to go in that’s in fantastic nick so will be pretty much back to factory, apart from the new wheels though......

Comment

I think this photo shows where the jack was placed to hold the arm up axle stand under diff also.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks will give it a go, wish me luck

Comment

Originally posted by sebbo View Post
                          Thanks will give it a go, wish me luck
                          aha good luck!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by sebbo View Post
                              Thanks, I have the old bushes removed and the beams back from powder coating, once the bushes are in the beam any advice on fitting the beam to the car with the polys fitted...?
                              i find it easiest to jack the diff up,put the bolts halfway in or so then it takes the weight enabling you to jack up each side of the beam and move it around into position,deffo fit the bushes beforehand though,i do mine on my own but its deffo easier with 2 people

Comment

Working...
                              X