New Leads + Plugs + Dizzy Cap + Arm - Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Leads + Plugs + Dizzy Cap + Arm - Recommendations

Hi Guys, I have a 96 (N) Small Turbo car (thats been converted to Big Turbo). Seems to have a missfire under load (Foot down in 4th, builds up to 3k revs and then stutters, revs shoot up to just under 4k and then continues ok).

It's a late rocker cover but running early distributor cap.

The leads seem a bit ropey (slightly loose and the ends have had black insulation tape wrapped around them (never a good sign).

I need longer leads so that they come out of the back and then round to the distributor cap.

Any recommendations of who can supply these leads and the correct distributor cap / rotor arm?

Plugs may be at fault or may need gapping correctly (but will test with leads and dizzy cap first)

Thanks in advance.

Matt Lewis, MSD, Burtons GGR etc would have all the bits you need on the shelf.

Comment

Thanks, I’ve spoken to MSD and ordered a few bits. The only item I couldn’t get straight away was the leads as I need a custom set made (due to them coming out the back and round back to the dizzy cap).

will need to get the lengths and then get them to make some up

Comment

Unless anyone knows of a company that manufacture a longer set of leads?

Comment

Most high performance ignition manufacturers make universal, cut to length lead sets.

Comment

Working...
          X