Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bodyshops

Gents,

Going to be looking at having my Escos fully repainted very soon as i'll never be 100% happy with it until its painted, i originally hoped for Gibby to do it as he has a good rep and knows his way round an Escos (also localish) etc but after a few messages he's out the door with work so im looking at other options, although im from Aberdeen im willing to transport the old girl for the right job.

Im fussy with the paintwork side of things as are most but one of my pet hates is seeing endless waveness upon looking down the body

So my Question is who is very good and trust worthy out there??, ive had a few names pop up, one is Pro bodyshop Glasgow who painted Argars Red escos (flawless job but it was the bodyshop owners car at the time and i know there was some amount of hours on it) Busyboy of which ive messaged, and Dave Pritchard who i didnt actually know done bodywork.

Any other suggestions or dealings with Bodyshops

Cheers Rob

Somewhere that's got all the gear I guess..... Low bake ovens etc and not some dusty workshop where a fly can get stuck on the wet paint lol....... It happens !!

Comment

Dave Pritchard did my one very happy with the work

Comment

Martin busyboy has painted most of mine before I bought it , Also escos gaz (Richardson) in Durham

Comment

Reef paint and bodyshop did mine, would highly recommend, job is flawless.

Comment

Gaz Richardson still painting then, he painted my 106

Comment

I’m not 100% tbh rob, he did a mates series 1 inside, outside and underneath a few years ago... it may be worth a shout.

Comment

Originally posted by CHRISP View Post
                Martin busyboy has painted most of mine before I bought it , Also escos gaz (Richardson) in Durham
                Anyone got gaz Richardson's contact info, I used to keep in touch with him (if it's the right guy) after he bought my clio 172 turbo for track. He painted cars and had a Polaris escos iirc. I lost my phone and the number with it...

Comment

His was a white one iirc, big spec that got stripped for parts although I believe he still has the trimmed shell

Comment

Originally posted by CHRISP View Post
                    His was a white one iirc, big spec that got stripped for parts although I believe he still has the trimmed shell
                    Yeah thats correct, big spec SCS engine and elite sequential rwd, think he had chew on with it and stripped the good bits off it

Comment

Try jaqs bodyshop in East Kilbride rob there near me and do a right good job

Only advice I can give you is if you come across protek on Facebook don’t sent it there I sent a customer of mine down with a mk3 focus Rs as was an insurance company a don’t deal with after seeing all there posts of work thinking they’ll do a good job for him and it’s going in next week for think it’s the 5th time now I’ve actually lost count for problems with the job

Comment

Originally posted by fordrs2005 View Post
                        Try jaqs bodyshop in East Kilbride rob there near me and do a right good job

Only advice I can give you is if you come across protek on Facebook don’t sent it there I sent a customer of mine down with a mk3 focus Rs as was an insurance company a don’t deal with after seeing all there posts of work thinking they’ll do a good job for him and it’s going in next week for think it’s the 5th time now I’ve actually lost count for problems with the job
                        I’ll ask around but as i said may wait till winter time for the paint, it has to go somewhere i can trust

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Le Moignan View Post
                          Dave Pritchard did my one very happy with the work
                          I'm to busy for 8 months for full paint work if told him this thanks for the heads up Dan
                          sigpic

Built by my self dp motorsport 700.6bhp 520ftlb efr9180 2.4bar m.a.d mapped flat out is the only way

Comment

Glad to see that Dave and Gibby are very busy, shows they are well liked.

Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by Davecos 4x4 View Post
                              Glad to see that Dave and Gibby are very busy, shows they are well liked.
                              Yeah its good just not for me lol, its got to go somewhere trustworthy and very good thats for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X