Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage dimensions

Evening all,
    Looking to get some plans drawn up for a double garage in the next few weeks.
    Could anyone offer advice on ideal dimensions? Don’t want to go overly large as will eat into house build budget etc.
    Want something big enough to be able to comfortably get round the car and work on it etc and have enough room for a work bench and normal garage rubbish like bikes and mower.
    Was thinking 6m deep by 7m wide would be about right?

Cheers for any pointers

My standard double garage at the old house was 5.2x5.3M internal space - which was big enough to work all the way around the car.

I have just had planning approved for a garage build at our new place for 8x6M, which should home the escos and still give me room to work on my other project.

Ball ache now is trying to think where I want all utilities as i might put a small car lift in too.

But lets be honest you will always want more room !

Comment

Yes that’s what I was thinking, but more room ideal just don’t want to go mad as the price will spiral!
      Would love a proper ramp but can’t see space allowing it height wise.
      Will probably go for one that lifts the car to waist height

Comment

i have about 7m wide and 8m Deep. comftorable for 2 cars, 2 motorcycles, mower, sidecar motorcycle, fridge, workbench and a few racks.

on experience i w´d prefer one wide gate instead of 2 small ones. here in austria you get them up to 5 meters and that makes it lot easier to rank with the cars cause there´s no pillar.

last experience, the garage is always to small after a few years..

Comment

Will depend on local planning also. if you wanted to do it without planning permission you may have a sq meter max that will dictate the size and specify max height etc

Comment

Think mine is 8x8 Dan 10ft ceiling height with a room upstairs, wish it was bigger

Comment

Build as big as you can afford and have place for, no matter how big, IT will be to smal
              www.sapphirerscosworth.com

Comment

I need planning permission regardless due to where I live unfortunately.
                its always tricky not knowing prices before submitting plans

Comment

Working...
                X