No announcement yet.

Sideskirts fitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ll have a look at my kit tomorrow and see if there are 4 different clips. Anyone else get the kit from graham that was a group buy on here?

Comment

Uhmmm. Ive just fitted the drivers side full skirt and used all the same clips as they came in a box.
      They did arrive both ns and os in the same bag so I might have been unlucky and didn't notice the difference. However I am quite happy with the way the rear quarter part of the skirts sits and it did make a reassuring sound when I pushed the clips into my new plastic inserts on the sill and quarter.
      If I gives me any issues later I will know why.
      sigpic

Sunnyside B&B and camper restorations
      www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

it must just be me i could not get the skirts to look right, particularly by the door you could sit in the drivers seat and through the gap you could see through to the clip, it was very loose and i had multiple attempts at fitting it before i glued it. I know some later cars had some kind of strip between the cill and the skirt presumably to hide the gap, i might add i'm a bit obsessive with body gaps.

Comment

I had a look and the old ones that came off my car seem to be a mix of the rear ones and front. The new ones I bought seem to be the other type for the front. So it is the old ones in the left of pic that I need for the rear?
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rigcos View Post
            I had a look and the old ones that came off my car seem to be a mix of the rear ones and front. The new ones I bought seem to be the other type for the front. So it is the old ones in the left of pic that I need for the rear?
            The 6 in the right of the picture, 3 old and 3 new are for the rear

Comment

this is why i may have gone wrong them, so the ones in the picture with the higher lugs are for the front??

Comment

Originally posted by Darrenaf View Post
                this is why i may have gone wrong them, so the ones in the picture with the higher lugs are for the front??
                yes ......

Comment

When i bought them from ford they gave me all the backs bugger!!

Comment

The kit I bought was all rear ones so then, lucky most of the front came off without breaking

Comment

So Where do I get the right ones of these Clips for a 93mod? Any recommendations?

Comment

Working...
                      X