Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biggest possible brakes under standard wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest possible brakes under standard wheels?

Hey all, I tried to search the forum with search but had no luck, does anyone know how big brakes can be upgraded when using the standard wheels? I had 18" comps on my old escos with 380mm floating discs and ap 6 pots but was kind of hoping to keep the standard look on the car I am about to start a full resto on but if the anticipated power of 500ish is achieved fear the standard brakes might not be upto the job.........
    thanks in advance guys

I've got the Tarox KMFO0240 kit on my car, which are 305x26mm using 6pot Callipers under standards wheels.

Comment

Can’t find anything on the Reyland Site specificities for the ESCOS but going by the info attached you should be able to fit AP or similar up to 308mm
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JohnP001 View Post
        I've got the Tarox KMFO0240 kit on my car, which are 305x26mm using 6pot Callipers under standards wheels.
        i have the same brakes on mine and they fit also on the standard wheels. if i remember right you will be happy with using 3 or 5mm spacers due to clearence of the calipers.

Comment

would you not go the 18" cosworth wheels route.

better for bigger brakes which is a must really with that power plus better handling and grip.

Dave.

Comment

I actually have a set of 18" comp mo's but love the look of the standard alloys and don't like the 18" version.... weird eh!

Comment

Working...
            X