Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ride hight dilemma

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ride hight dilemma

    Good morning all

    so here is my dilemma I’m trying to get the right ride hight on the cosworth which is turning into a pain in the arse I thought it would be an easy job,

    the car use to sit on coilovers however I have removed then now, so at the minute I have konis alround with bayjoo springs from burton power which say gives a 10mm drop, I have what I think is the standard top spring rubbers on the rear as they were sill on the car, however I have had to use the Sierra front top spring cups which I believe are taller, and it’s sitting on the 18x9 Cosworth reps with 245 35 18

    so on the bayjoo springs it sat at a high about 675 from the floor to the bottom of the arch going down the centre of the wheel, so it could do with being dropped about a inch so I looked at the graham Goode springs and got a set of lowering and uprated ones that give a drop of about -22/35 that would be spot on however I fitted a rear spring yesterday and to see the difference dropped it on the floor and there is no different In hight than the bayjoo, so with the bayjoo springs and Goode spring on the floor a measured them and they are the same 9.5”, I haven’t fitted the other rear one and the fronts as I didn’t see the point if they are going to be the same,

    I’m not sure where to go now, any help or advice happily received

    steve

  • #2
    Just to add how much do a new set of springs settle after driving as the car has not been out the garage only to turn around

    Comment


    • #3
      this won't help, but i had the exact some set up with Bayjoo springs and the car ended up too high, close to standard height, so i fitted coil overs, so i could dial in the ride height.

      Comment


      • #4
        Why did you come away from coil overs?

        Comment


        • #5
          This is the ride height of mine with konis and Ahmed springs. Sits perfect I’m my opinion and feels really good on the toad.
          1995 petrol blue s/t escos

          Comment


          • #6
            Not 100% sure of measurements from the floor but can get them this week if you want.
            1995 petrol blue s/t escos

            Comment


            • #7
              Out of curiosity i've just measured mine. Running coilovers. 225/40/18s

              645mm front ground to arch centre
              655mm rear ground to arch centre

              I'd like to be a little lower, but my driveway would eat the splitter.

              At 675mm rear it'll look like a Redbull F1 car rake wise

              Springs will settle, but not that much, maybe 5mm or so. You deffo got them seated correctly in the spring locator?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Wing Commander View Post
                Why did you come away from coil overs?
                wanted the standard look and the ones I had were to hard

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by palmeros View Post
                  Not 100% sure of measurements from the floor but can get them this week if you want.
                  That would be good thanks

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Grand Tomismo View Post
                    Out of curiosity i've just measured mine. Running coilovers. 225/40/18s

                    645mm front ground to arch centre
                    655mm rear ground to arch centre

                    I'd like to be a little lower, but my driveway would eat the splitter.

                    At 675mm rear it'll look like a Redbull F1 car rake wise

                    Springs will settle, but not that much, maybe 5mm or so. You deffo got them seated correctly in the spring locator?
                    Yeah it is high 645 is about right, yeah it’s sat in the spring cups all good as far as I can see

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Does anyone know the length of the standard spring off the car

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by cosman View Post

                        wanted the standard look and the ones I had were to hard
                        The Black Art Design Mark Shead spec ones are lovely

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Wing Commander View Post

                          The Black Art Design Mark Shead spec ones are lovely
                          Same, but Rainbird spec

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            More options don’t help lol

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Try bouncing the rear end a few times on the boot to equally settle the rear springs and see what you get then.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X