Ride hight dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grand Tomismo View Post
    Try bouncing the rear end a few times on the boot to equally settle the rear springs and see what you get then.
    I’ve done that and backed it out the garage and back in and is just the same I suppose what I’m after is to find out what the difference in spring lengths are from a standard spring then maybe I can see if I have been sent the wrong springs I’ve found a post from ( trevcos ) in 2011 and ( cootsie ) ran 22/35 Goode spring and it sits much lower then mine

Comment

Cobra springs were the best ride height for my blue car with 18’s on

Comment

Originally posted by CHRISP View Post
        Cobra springs were the best ride height for my blue car with 18’s on

What tyre dimension you got ?

Comment

Originally posted by grcossie View Post

What tyre dimension you got ?
          245/35/18

Comment

So after speaking with graham Goode they are still saying they are the right springs -22mm -35mm they send to fit the front as well as I’ve only fitted the back however I can’t see how lowering the front will make the back lower, so they have send them back I’ve fitted the rear and yep still 675 on the rear am I missing something how can the rear not be getting lower, are there different top spring rubber mounts they are ford ones on it
            Attached Files

Comment

rear mounts are all the same ,you can get poly ones but still same thickness so that wouldnt make a difference,ive had every spring going in the past and ggr ones dont seem to drop them much imo,ive always ended up with eibachs,nice and low but probably a bit too low sometimes giving a lot of camber,bet you wish youd probably left it on coil overs now

Comment

As Chris mentioned cobra springs are perfect!

Comment

Do cobra springs not drop the front to much

Comment

Originally posted by The Radman View Post
                    rear mounts are all the same ,you can get poly ones but still same thickness so that wouldnt make a difference,ive had every spring going in the past and ggr ones dont seem to drop them much imo,ive always ended up with eibachs,nice and low but probably a bit too low sometimes giving a lot of camber,bet you wish youd probably left it on coil overs now
                    I can’t understand how the ggr 35mm drop ones don’t lower it anymore than the bayjoo 10mm drop something is not right. They told me to fit the fronts as well however I can’t see that making any difference ?

Comment

I don’t think so personally
                      Attached Files

Comment

Do you know what the ride hight is from the floor to the arch is ? And are you running konis too

Comment

Yes running Koni adjustables
                          Afraid the car is in storage so can’t check it at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Le Moignan View Post
                            I don’t think so personally
                            Dan you bought my Bayhoo spring/Koni setup off me, did you fit them and get a drop, because when i fitted them to my car the ride height remained standard and i was expecting 25mm lower or so, i never run the car down the road with them on, driving the car may help it go down. OP, Might be worth driving it to see if it drops when you can.

Comment

I have the bayjoo -10mm springs and did not drop as far as I could tell and they were the same hight as the ggr -22mm -35mm drop ones

Comment

Originally posted by Darrenaf View Post

Dan you bought my Bayhoo spring/Koni setup off me, did you fit them and get a drop, because when i fitted them to my car the ride height remained standard and i was expecting 25mm lower or so, i never run the car down the road with them on, driving the car may help it go down. OP, Might be worth driving it to see if it drops when you can.
                                I didn’t get a chance to fit them Darren as decided to switch to coilovers in the end

Comment

Working...
                                X