Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride hight dilemma

Good morning all

so here is my dilemma I’m trying to get the right ride hight on the cosworth which is turning into a pain in the arse I thought it would be an easy job,

the car use to sit on coilovers however I have removed then now, so at the minute I have konis alround with bayjoo springs from burton power which say gives a 10mm drop, I have what I think is the standard top spring rubbers on the rear as they were sill on the car, however I have had to use the Sierra front top spring cups which I believe are taller, and it’s sitting on the 18x9 Cosworth reps with 245 35 18

so on the bayjoo springs it sat at a high about 675 from the floor to the bottom of the arch going down the centre of the wheel, so it could do with being dropped about a inch so I looked at the graham Goode springs and got a set of lowering and uprated ones that give a drop of about -22/35 that would be spot on however I fitted a rear spring yesterday and to see the difference dropped it on the floor and there is no different In hight than the bayjoo, so with the bayjoo springs and Goode spring on the floor a measured them and they are the same 9.5”, I haven’t fitted the other rear one and the fronts as I didn’t see the point if they are going to be the same,

I’m not sure where to go now, any help or advice happily received

steve

Just to add how much do a new set of springs settle after driving as the car has not been out the garage only to turn around

Comment

this won't help, but i had the exact some set up with Bayjoo springs and the car ended up too high, close to standard height, so i fitted coil overs, so i could dial in the ride height.

Comment

Why did you come away from coil overs?

Comment

This is the ride height of mine with konis and Ahmed springs. Sits perfect I’m my opinion and feels really good on the toad.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.
          1995 petrol blue s/t escos

Comment

Not 100% sure of measurements from the floor but can get them this week if you want.
            1995 petrol blue s/t escos

Comment

Out of curiosity i've just measured mine. Running coilovers. 225/40/18s

645mm front ground to arch centre
              655mm rear ground to arch centre

I'd like to be a little lower, but my driveway would eat the splitter.

At 675mm rear it'll look like a Redbull F1 car rake wise

Springs will settle, but not that much, maybe 5mm or so. You deffo got them seated correctly in the spring locator?

Comment

Originally posted by Wing Commander View Post
                Why did you come away from coil overs?
                wanted the standard look and the ones I had were to hard

Comment

Originally posted by palmeros View Post
                  Not 100% sure of measurements from the floor but can get them this week if you want.
                  That would be good thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Tomismo View Post
                    Out of curiosity i've just measured mine. Running coilovers. 225/40/18s

645mm front ground to arch centre
                    655mm rear ground to arch centre

I'd like to be a little lower, but my driveway would eat the splitter.

At 675mm rear it'll look like a Redbull F1 car rake wise

Springs will settle, but not that much, maybe 5mm or so. You deffo got them seated correctly in the spring locator?
                    Yeah it is high 645 is about right, yeah it’s sat in the spring cups all good as far as I can see

Comment

Does anyone know the length of the standard spring off the car

Comment

Originally posted by cosman View Post

wanted the standard look and the ones I had were to hard
                        The Black Art Design Mark Shead spec ones are lovely

Comment

Originally posted by Wing Commander View Post

The Black Art Design Mark Shead spec ones are lovely
                          Same, but Rainbird spec

Comment

More options don’t help lol

Comment

Try bouncing the rear end a few times on the boot to equally settle the rear springs and see what you get then.

Comment

Working...
                              X