Head thickness...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head thickness...

Know of 2 heads needing work, 1 is 137.5 the other is 138,5mm. Tjis is offcourse abit too much skimmed, but i realy wondering if its worth it or not... The 1 138.5 i dont fear that much on a low spec engine, but still not ideal. The other i guess new valvesears futher in would be the way forward if should trust it again?
    www.sapphirerscosworth.com

138.5 should be no problem with a thicker gasket, sure they are 139.0 new going by factory specs, but i read somewhere that new heads are more or less 138.9

Comment

The valveseats is the problem, not the comp ratio. When skimmed much, its a big risk them dropping out...

Comment

Machine valve seats in to the head.

Mark

Comment

Okay thanx, that is what i was thinking was the option. So then offcourse its going to cost abit morr too get it good

Comment

Probable best to put some pictures up I have a few that have been skimmed to that level and the top of the valve seats have had bits shaved off

I would of thought you be looking at minimum of £600 to get that sort of work carried out. Then when you go to that level you may want to get corrosion welded, new valve guides etc soon totals up

Comment

Originally posted by Joe-Tait View Post
              Probable best to put some pictures up I have a few that have been skimmed to that level and the top of the valve seats have had bits shaved off

I would of thought you be looking at minimum of £600 to get that sort of work carried out. Then when you go to that level you may want to get corrosion welded, new valve guides etc soon totals up
              Didnt take any pics, and yes, it will cost some money to "save" them, so i became unsure if i bother, since already have a few heads needing work...

Comment

Working...
              X