Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tracking deg to mm

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tracking deg to mm

    How do you convert 1.5 deg toe in to mm.
    Also, whats the recognised toe in for the front.

    I have an SCS 6deg rear beam which Ive recently fitted. Its got to be set at 1.5 deg neg camber which I can do.
    But what is the best way to measure 1.5 deg toe in and how can I do it my self?
    Sorry, big asks I know.
    Frank
    sigpic


    Sunnyside B&B and camper restorations
    www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

  • #2
    3mm rear toe in
    2mm front
    www.sapphirerscosworth.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by twin turbo View Post
      3mm rear toe in
      2mm front
      Is that 1.5 deg per wheel rear and 1 deg per wheel front?
      sigpic


      Sunnyside B&B and camper restorations
      www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

      Comment


      • #4
        Total toe overal... Its the ford motorsport grN/A recomendation. The deg conversion i dont remember how to do now
        www.sapphirerscosworth.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by twin turbo View Post
          Total toe overal... Its the ford motorsport grN/A recomendation. The deg conversion i dont remember how to do now
          Thanks. I thought so. I will try to get the 6deg beam in the ball park and find a 4 wheel alignment centre.
          sigpic


          Sunnyside B&B and camper restorations
          www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

          Comment


          • #6
            Doesn't the smilies work on this site any more. Put a big thumbs up and wasn't there when checked.
            sigpic


            Sunnyside B&B and camper restorations
            www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Sunnysidebb View Post

              Is that 1.5 deg per wheel rear and 1 deg per wheel front?
              It is not 1.5 degree for the toe, it is 1.5 mm, which is absolutely not the same! 1.5 degree for the toe is waaaaaay too much. The front needs only 0 degrees and 8 or 9 minutes per wheel and the rear about 0 degrees and 14 minutes. 60 minutes makes 1 degree, so the front needs about 1/6 degree and the rear 1/4 degree.


              '90 Cosworth 4x4
              '91 2.9 24v RWD Ghia

              Comment


              • #8
                Thanks,
                ​​​​​Thanks that makes it easier to get in ball park so I can drive it to tracking garage.

                I take it the camber is still degrees???
                1.5 neg for rear. Fronts tca's still as standard so no adjustment.

                Thanks
                Frank.

                sigpic


                Sunnyside B&B and camper restorations
                www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

                Comment


                • #9
                  I’d slot the front tca’s or buy adjustable ones so you can benefit from a full geo setup. It’ll totally convert the handling of the car. Tca’s are only 160 a pair I think
                  sigpic
                  Focus Cosworth Projecthttp://www.escortrscosworth.com/foru...ad.php?t=20575
                  Focus RS Toyhttp://passionford.com/forum/restora...on-the-go.html
                  Bought and made BETTER

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Cochyn View Post
                    I’d slot the front tca’s or buy adjustable ones so you can benefit from a full geo setup. It’ll totally convert the handling of the car. Tca’s are only 160 a pair I think
                    I used to use Trans Autosport adj tca years and years ago on an earlier escos I had. I sort of forgot about making them adjustable tbh. It's a good idea. I will look into it. Thanks.
                    sigpic


                    Sunnyside B&B and camper restorations
                    www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Sunnysidebb View Post
                      Thanks,
                      ​​​​​Thanks that makes it easier to get in ball park so I can drive it to tracking garage.

                      I take it the camber is still degrees???
                      1.5 neg for rear. Fronts tca's still as standard so no adjustment.

                      Thanks
                      Frank.
                      Yes, camber should be -1.5 degrees


                      '90 Cosworth 4x4
                      '91 2.9 24v RWD Ghia

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X