Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old members

Hey up.
    Im now starting year 12 with this forum and I can say this is the quietest ive ever known.
    Where is every one . Back then I got the nick name 20 posts a day because as a newbie thats all you could do......every one was on the forum. All sorts of banter and chit chat. Is there an alternative site some have moved too. I know there was moaning that this site was starting to become like Passion Ford and were unhappy.
    Is that what has happened??
    Frank.
    sigpic

Sunnyside B&B and camper restorations
    www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

2008 for me it has gone a lot quieter not sure if it's because people are not using the cars as much.
    PSN Ecossy93

Visit Jensen's Toys & Gifts Website
    http://jensenhullbmx.weebly.com/

Comment

Facebook/ instagram has probably ruined most forums, easier to post pictures etc.
      Its a shame as on those platforms it harder to look back at previous posts etc

We should probably also make more of an effort to comment on posts rather than read and move on

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Le Moignan View Post
        Facebook/ instagram has probably ruined most forums, easier to post pictures etc.

We should probably also make more of an effort to comment on posts rather than read and move on
        Do you know what Dan, your right....im guilty of that too.
        This Forum started 08 and a huge amount of people migrated across from PH. It was as I could see quite an exclusive wee club. Perhaps the novelty has worn off. As you say instagram FB etc?

sigpic

www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo Lag View Post
          2008 for me it has gone a lot quieter not sure if it's because people are not using the cars as much.
          Hey up,
          Personally, im not sure about that. Who does use their Cossies much ? It was just so more social.
          There were post about new babies, driving tours, camper van restoration, garage builts etc etc etc. Basicaly anything that you wanted to say. There was a lot of banter as well. Some times it got out of hand but the Mods sorted it.
          Whats your first name btw?
          Frank.
          sigpic

www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Yes I joined in 2008 as well. I must say that I’m also guilty of coming on here reading and moving on. I do come on here every day, have a look and move onto my other car forums. The poor Cossie is still in the garage in bits. I’ve been busy on the house and garden which has taken a lot of my time and money. Having 2 Land Rovers as well requires a lot of attention as well as money to run and maintain.

Cheers
            John

Comment

Same here, 2008, but come on every day to have a look and see what is for sale, but i think facebook and stuff like that has taken over, i'm not on any of that, we spend enough time on our fone's for work without sitting at home at night on them!!

Comment

One of the best things about forums is that posted information is permanent and searchable. So that means over time less new posts are needed as the answers are already here.

On the other hand, faceache is a throw away medium. Perfect for banter and incidental blah blah. Faceache is useless as a reference source because it is difficult to search and temporary in nature. I couldn't be bothered typing a detailed problem solving answer in faceache because it is effectively temporary.

The quantity over quality nature of faceache has trained us to look and move on. Unfortunately that training affects our behaviour on forums and elsewhere.
                Cheers
                John

EsCos - Turning dinosaurs into smiles.

Comment

I also check in every day to see what’s going on!
                  Just need some resto threads moving again to get everyone interested

Comment

Me too, I am here every day and I hope I will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Le Moignan View Post

I agree.....well said...

Comment

Miss some of the old guys on here. I like the atmosphere here, nice people here

Comment

I've been on here since 2009 and agree it's very quiet nowadays which is a shame as I used to enjoy reading the threads. I still log on most days to see if there's anything interesting or for sale. Still enjoy tinkering with the Cossie and am almost finished fitting an Emtron ECU which Mark Shead will be mapping. I've never really been one for posting up my own antics though!

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnysidebb View Post
                            Hey up.
                            Im now starting year 12 with this forum and I can say this is the quietest ive ever known.
                            Where is every one . Back then I got the nick name 20 posts a day because as a newbie thats all you could do......every one was on the forum. All sorts of banter and chit chat. Is there an alternative site some have moved too. I know there was moaning that this site was starting to become like Passion Ford and were unhappy.
                            Is that what has happened??
                            Frank.
                            Still here Smithy

Comment

Wow almost like old times.
                              I log on most days but also guilty of nor posting.
                              sigpic

www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X