Compbrake rear kit - problem !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compbrake rear kit - problem !!

Hey guys I picked up a fitted but never used rear compbrake kit for my cossie off gumtree over here in aus (very random to find one here)

All it came with was the adapter and disc no bolts , washers etc
    so I just measured some bolts up had them cut to size
    minor modification of the rear disc guard/plate and they fitted up fine on test for , re fitted with lock tight all bolted up perfectly

but

now when I drove the cossie home and drive through a tunnel I can hear the rear discs rubbings/grinding and I can’t think as to why ? Everything bolted up fine ? Brakes fine , have 28inch comps so not rubbing on them ?

disc pads have plenty of life left almost brand new so can’t see the problem there ?

Does anyone have a comp brake fitting instructions or anything they can think of as to why this rubbing is happening ?

thanks guys

(I have photos of kit but can’t figure out how to upload photos on here)

Check everything for clearance. If grind you should see metaldust, and probaly where its touch.
    www.sapphirerscosworth.com

Comment

Need to resize the photo before upload here, since its like 100kb max sice
      www.sapphirerscosworth.com

Comment

Assuming compbrake rear kit is a larger disc using standard calliper? When I fitted my reyland big rear brake kit I had to trim the calliper slightly to clear the larger diameter disc

Comment

Happened to me.
          Remove the rear calipers and manually wind the pistons back into the calipers.

Comment

Same with mine....had to trim the calipers

Comment

Working...
            X