Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help - temperature reading low after fitting new turbo ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - temperature reading low after fitting new turbo ?

Hey guys

my cossie has always been temperature at bang on half and then slightly higher but still within the bracket after some serious driving , even in summer (and I’m in Australia and that’s 35+ degree driving on the regular)

but since refurubing the turbo and refitting , the temp gauge has never gotten back to half , always slightly under , and I noticed the last time I had driven I heard hissing u der the bonnet and noticed the header tank had coolant out of it .
    it’s the original Header tank and cap but have replacement but I’m thinking worst case head gasket but have absolutely no signs anywhere else , pressure tested the car less than 10000 kilometres ago and was all good ?

Any thoughts or anyone had anything similar after fitting a new turbo ?

I thought maybe the coolant return hose from the turbo or the banjo not incorrectly fitted ?

any help be great don’t fancy doing a head gasket if can be avoided

thanks

It sounds like the sensor is not reading correctly. And perhaps the cap should be holding a bit more pressure. I think you can change it for one with a higher opening pressure.

edit: I thought you meant the cap was letting coolant out. But perhaps you have a leakage somewhere. It would help if you can find where the hissing is coming from.

'90 Cosworth 4x4
    '91 2.9 24v RWD Ghia

Comment

Working...
    X